• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HW Adult morphs/textures on kids and vice versa

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I wasn't sure where to ask this and having stumbled across this thread I thought it to ask here if wrong please forgive and redirect.
Since the children characters here are based on the original adult meshes do character, expression and face and body shape morphs and textures for the adults also work on the children....or vice versa with regards to the textures?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Carmen,

Luna's morphs work beautifully on her as Chris has adapted them fully even though the mesh originally started as Dawn she is a stand alone character.

With Diva, as she is a morph and there is extreme scaling the other Dawn morphs and expressions tend to work best dialed in at about 50%.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Hi Carmen,

Luna's morphs work beautifully on her as Chris has adapted them fully even though the mesh originally started as Dawn she is a stand alone character.

With Diva, as she is a morph and there is extreme scaling the other Dawn morphs and expressions tend to work best dialed in at about 50%.

Hmmm stand alone!?
I thought I read on her product page DAWN and other Dawn morph paks are needed for her to work.
Do the dawn textures also work for her? And what about the jungle boys? If say a tween or older teen+ female version say to illustrate the character of old film Liane is needed do the dawn body morphs work on Luna to accomplish this?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Are you using Poser Carmen? The injections do work on all of the characters I've noticed. This is because they have all been based on the same mesh. This is what allows DS to use the base objects to quickly and easily make clones...not necessary now of course as the characters come with clones now just a bit of trivia.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
moved to the Meadow - don't have a really good place for this type of thread, but this'll do till we do ;)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
While the textures will work on Luna, I find that things like the eyebrows and just too "adult" for a child.

Here, I have the Elisa textures on Luna and, as you can see, those pretty, tweezed eyebrows just don't look right.
LunaElisa.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That depends what you're doing though Traci...I sometimes create fairy or sprite type characters using Luna or Diva and then the eyebrows are okay. If you're doing a straight kid though plucked eyebrows do definitely look weird. Maybe I'm just odd but that texture makes me think of the beginnings of a gnome character. Oh...I think I may have started a morph for a gnome? Hmmm...off to check how far I got.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
That depends what you're doing though Traci...I sometimes create fairy or sprite type characters using Luna or Diva and then the eyebrows are okay. If you're doing a straight kid though plucked eyebrows do definitely look weird. Maybe I'm just odd but that texture makes me think of the beginnings of a gnome character. Oh...I think I may have started a morph for a gnome? Hmmm...off to check how far I got.

Agree, in a case like that, the adult textures will likely work very well.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
True...I just had a weird thought. You know how they do those beauty contests for kids do they pluck their eyebrows? Some of those kids look like mini adults also. I'm not really a fan of that type of contest though...

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Are you using Poser Carmen? The injections do work on all of the characters I've noticed. This is because they have all been based on the same mesh. This is what allows DS to use the base objects to quickly and easily make clones...not necessary now of course as the characters come with clones now just a bit of trivia.

Yep a Poser 2014 user me is.
I guess to clarify say I do a render of a mother figure and want an older child to look more like the mom but younger using the same morphs with some adjustment i can make the child figure look more like mom or say a toddler and preteen/teen to look like an older sister or mom. I did the same thing recently with V4. went from Preschooler to preteen, teen and young adult right onto grandma using morphs. Had to change the texture for Grandma but I lucked out and found one that looked a bit like that for the younger family members.
Using the same textures helps to spread that feel to the child figure.
But it seems from everything I am reading it is possible so I guess I need to figure out if I should go ahead and do it.
But thanks all for clarifying.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
You can do something similar with DS. Michelle from Redeyecat wrote a tutorial on it but I've never gotten around to it. As I was making the injection for my Luna character I used this to also create as similar morph for Dawn and Diva to use so Deidre can go from toddler to child to adult with the same texture and I still need to create some makeups for the texture though. Haven't consider doing a grandma version though...interesting possibility...is it okay to use that idea? You just gave me a thought for promos...

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
You can do something similar with DS. Michelle from Redeyecat wrote a tutorial on it but I've never gotten around to it. As I was making the injection for my Luna character I used this to also create as similar morph for Dawn and Diva to use so Deidre can go from toddler to child to adult with the same texture and I still need to create some makeups for the texture though. Haven't consider doing a grandma version though...interesting possibility...is it okay to use that idea? You just gave me a thought for promos...
The important is the morphs and add ons for the aging textures, spots, wrinkles and sagging flesh in the right places and voila.
I have a few older V4 characters with those included....they look good and fun changing characters on old girls. Some of the ones for M4 are pretty good too especially some of the ones I picked up at RDNA (and now over at DAZ).
I rarely use make up on my renders so using plain textures for kids and seniors work fantastic so I make sure to get textures and charater sets that allow mostly that.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
True...I just had a weird thought. You know how they do those beauty contests for kids do they pluck their eyebrows? Some of those kids look like mini adults also. I'm not really a fan of that type of contest though...

Me neither.
Loved the girl in the Australian movie Man from Snowy River. Her dark brows were really thick and un-plucked. Some of the earlier works of Jennifer Connely were also great like that and Salma Hayek and Sonja Braga to name a few more adult actresses who look great natural. When Brooke Shields was in that controversial film Pretty Baby as a child in a house of ill repute, she had makeup on in some scenes but her brows were left un-plucked and a few films after that as she grew up into adult hood she kept the brows natural which seemed to overwrite the garish makeup a bit. If I am not mistaken I have also seen her as an adult from time to time the same way. The Hemingway girls both left their brows also thicker in many of their films. Love their look.
Oh well......sorry for the rant I guess it is favorite look for me. ;)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Yep a Poser 2014 user me is.
I guess to clarify say I do a render of a mother figure and want an older child to look more like the mom but younger using the same morphs with some adjustment i can make the child figure look more like mom or say a toddler and preteen/teen to look like an older sister or mom. I did the same thing recently with V4. went from Preschooler to preteen, teen and young adult right onto grandma using morphs. Had to change the texture for Grandma but I lucked out and found one that looked a bit like that for the younger family members.
Using the same textures helps to spread that feel to the child figure.
But it seems from everything I am reading it is possible so I guess I need to figure out if I should go ahead and do it.
But thanks all for clarifying.

Yes, I've done things like that. I've also used some of the same morphs from Dawn onto Dusk so that I could get a brother sister look. I find it works pretty well.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I ran across somewhere that there was a way to hide the eyebrows for M4/V4, if you did that with the kids, you could then do your own LIE eyebrows. Sorry, don't remember where I saw it...on a Drow character page?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Not sure I know i was able to do so on V2. The brows was a separate mesh and either accepted the brow tex materials from the face tex or as in the case of the great textures set available for her at the time V2 A to Z which I used for years and still use when I add V2 to my render setups. I was not aware DAZ offered the same options for V4 or the other MIL4 figures.
Also LIE I thought was a function option available for D/S only. Poser doesn't have it does it?