• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HU- 50% off Poser Pro 11 Sale from SM...

McGyver

Energetic
I got an email about the sale this morning...
So just in case anyone was on the fence about PP 11, it appears you can sidegrade from as far back a Poser 7 or upgrade from 2010-2014...
I'm always reading about these sales way, way after the fact, so I thought I'd mention this in case anyone was waiting on a sale and didn't get the email.
Apparently the sale ends 10-4... Or April 10, 2017... Depending on how you write dates.
I like to use hieroglyphics because it confuses people and cats find it easier to read.
Well, hope it was okay to post this and was useful to anyone looking to upgrade.

Poser Pro 11 - Professional 3D Character Art and Animation Software

Hopefully that link above takes you to the sale page like it does for me...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I got the email too, so you beat me to it as far as posting about it. Fifty percent off is a really good deal. ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sold and Shipped by SoftwareCW. Who is that, and can they be trusted?

Considering it's the same price at Smith Micro, I think I'd rather buy from them than Walmart.

McGyver

Energetic
Yeah, I don't get that Walmart thing... I think Walmart is trying to compete with Amazon with the various unknown vendors...?
Even though I can't stand Amazon, somehow unless the item is actually coming from Walmart itself, which is pretty cheesy as it is, those unknown vendors names keep stopping me from purchasing from them...
If I'm going to buy a water filter and it's coming from Egor's Ashtray Emporium I get kinda leery... That's what Amazon does... But it's Amazon, that's what they started out doing... It's weird... Like finding the Deli you get lunch from sells plane tickets, files taxes and does tattoos also now...
The worst part about it is they don't really explain it and aside from some pretty old industry and financial articles not much is written about it... Which is kinda a big put off.
Anyway... I think the thing that sets apart the Smith Micro sale is one, it's coming from the source and two if you are upgrading from PP 2012, 2014 ect it is something like $88 which is pretty cheap... That and the SM price for the sidegrades seems to be $125...
But maybe that price is different depending on where you are or something...
I'm always seeing people mention prices for stuff at places like NewEgg or Purplus and whatever that price is they mention, it's always $10-$20 more when I look... That even on the same day they mention it... I'm pretty sure most of the big sites charge different prices depending on where you live... I've pretty much confirmed it to myself by checking those site from other people's computers when I'm in different states, and in some cases the price were not just a little off, but vastly different...
That's one of the sucky things about buying over the Internet, and as far as I can tell there is no clear law against it... How sucky would it be get charged diffent prices in a physical store based on where you are from...
That Big Mac is $3.20 for the guy from Ohio... And $4.50 for you because you are from New Jersey... Kinda would suck.