• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to Start a Band in Faeryland

This little Faerytale is mostly about the delicate process of getting a band together early Celtic times. Not really so much about the renders as about the event.

Now it seems like it would be better to have this whole story in one thread. But I don't know how to move threads around. Maybe that can't be done. The Forum only allows 10 pix in a post, but being a nut I put the posts in different threads. Any solutions to this monstrosity? o_O

The characters in the last frame, the jam, are from left to right:
Lynn Mandal on Mandolin, Kevin Bowman on Middle Fiddle, Midge on Bar Towel, Tweety on Celtic Picollo, Lonnie Tippin on Bodhran, and Louise Scuize on Button Accordian.
Lynn, Kevin, Lonnie and Louise are my kids. Based on DAZ's millenium figures. They will be feature in further adventures in the not too distant future.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Now it seems like it would be better to have this whole story in one thread. But I don't know how to move threads around. Maybe that can't be done. The Forum only allows 10 pix in a post, but being a nut I put the posts in different threads. Any solutions to this monstrosity? o_O
I believe they can be combined. Where are the other two parts (1 and 2)?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Ok, I misunderstood the request - will fix it! Edit - alright - all threads now merged in to this one :)

Last edited:
Oh, how sweet! Thanks so much. And the frames are in order too. So in the beginning a great owl swoops down... oh wait, wrong story. In the beginning the two Faery sisters are Silky and Tweety.
Silky is the smooth one, and she can fend. But she is maybe a little too aggressive with it. Tweety cannot but she's a real poser. Midge comes into the story next. She is the housekeeper, and guard.
It isn't unreasonable, if someone sneaks into your house and helps themself to your wine to chase them off with a sword. But as anyone knows you should not attack Faeries. First off, they are immortal and secondly those little creatures are very powerful. So Midge finds out the hard way, and Tweety poors on the charm and gets her Celtic Band together. And all like that...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ok, I misunderstood the request - will fix it! Edit - alright - all threads now merged in to this one :)
Ohhhh, thanks Alisa. I thought there were 2 more threads aside from this one. I didn't realize they had already been merged. Now with the thread title fixed, I can see you've already done it. ;)