• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to read and send PM??

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
If someone sends me a PM, how do I find it, or even know I've got one? Where do I go? Same thing, how do I send someone here a PM? Someone sent me one, and I don't know where to go.
Thanks

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
If someone sends you a PM it will show as a little red square over an envelope in the upper right hand corner of the forum. So start a conversation click on the persons name under their avatar then click "Start Conversation".

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
If someone sends you a PM it will show as a little red square over an envelope in the upper right hand corner of the forum. So start a conversation click on the persons name under their avatar then click "Start Conversation".
Oh, ok, thanks for the reply. I haven't seen any red squares, so I guess that means I haven't gotten a PM.
And when I start a conversation and send it, is that considering 'send a PM'?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, ok, thanks for the reply. I haven't seen any red squares, so I guess that means I haven't gotten a PM.
Hey Sapat, if you look up near your Avatar and Nick at the top right of the forum, you should see the Envelope icon. If you have a PM, there will be a number showing. IOW, one PM will show the number "1". If there's 2, or more, it will show the number "2", or more.

Also, if you want to send someone a PM, you can also just click on the Envelope icon, click on "Start a new conversation" link, and then add that person's Nick in the Recipients field. Oh, and once you've sent, or received a PM, it will remain in a drop-down list when you click the Envelope icon for approximately 24 hours after you've sent or received it, so you can easily get back into the Conversation/PM. Otherwise, there's a link to "Show all" when you click on the Envelope icon as well. That way you can find older Conversations you can reactive when it's been more than a day or two since the last PM.

The same is true if someone "likes" one of your posts on the forum, as you'll see an appropriate number at the little Bell icon to the right of the Envelope icon.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Hey Sapat, if you look up near your Avatar and Nick at the top right of the forum, you should see the Envelope icon. If you have a PM, there will be a number showing. IOW, one PM will show the number "1". If there's 2, or more, it will show the number "2", or more.

Also, if you want to send someone a PM, you can also just click on the Envelope icon, click on "Start a new conversation" link, and then add that person's Nick in the Recipients field. Oh, and once you've sent, or received a PM, it will remain in a drop-down list when you click the Envelope icon for approximately 24 hours after you've sent or received it, so you can easily get back into the Conversation/PM. Otherwise, there's a link to "Show all" when you click on the Envelope icon as well. That way you can find older Conversations you can reactive when it's been more than a day or two since the last PM.

The same is true if someone "likes" one of your posts on the forum, as you'll see an appropriate number at the little Bell icon to the right of the Envelope icon.
You guys are awesome and so helpful. The instructions make it clear now how it works. Thanks!