• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to install and find your HiveWire 3D content in DAZ Studio

Carey

Extraordinary
Gluten for punishment here, Decided to try to set up daz studio...Started by playing with the app Daz Central on my mac.. First thing I looked at were assets, but seeing no place to sit, I figured out the word assets must mean something else. I looked over and saw all the things I had purchased over the last twenty five years from daz. The list was very very long, massive as a matter of fact. It seemed to want me to install them....After 10 hours of steady installing I decided to try and figure out where all these files were installing to...ahhh yea right...Now I could most likely spend the next 6 months 8 hours per day installing, this would not only suck, but also I kind of need to know where the files are going. At this point I have questions, not even sure where to start asking though.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
If you are trying to install things you bought at DAZ or figure out where they are going, please start another thread, Carey :). This thread is only for installing things bought at HiveWire, which need to be manually installed

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I'm adding some info here that has come as a result of support issues that I've dealt with over the years.

People have had issues where they think they've installed their content correctly, only to find that when they try to bring in the model, all they get are grey boxes.

Here's what is almost certainly the issue. You have to bring in EITHER the folders at the level of the data/Animals/Runtime folders if you are adding the files to an already existing Library, OR choose the one DIRECTLY ABOVE those folders if you are adding it as a new Library. I'm posting an image I did for one customer last year to show this, and hope it will be helpful. I'm adding this to the first post of the thread, too:

Fixing your library.jpg