• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to... get my signature to show

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I have added info for my signature in my Profile but it doesn't show in my posts..

Have signatures been de-activated? or have I missed something?

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I can see it. Check your settings to make sure you have them set to view signatures. They may be off by default. I will check.

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
"show signatures" was off on new registration. I turned it on.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
hmm.. in my Profile there is no option to turn sigs on or off..

Just did a <Ctrl F5> refresh of this page and signatures are not showing on any posts for me... of any user...

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
Hover over your name in the top right corner, from the pop up window choose preferences, then look on that list for the line relating to signatures.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
sneaky lol.... found it.. also trying out the copy paste using Snip... cool :geek:

Thankyou Lisa

upload_2016-1-7_11-49-43.png

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
Great! I am going to move this thread over to the FAQ forum then.

McGyver

Energetic
I'm not sure exactly what the name for it is, but I call them "clickable signature banners"... The kind where a person clicks on the banner and it takes them to the linked page.
I used to have one here for my ShareCG freebies, but it died with the old forum... Actually that one may not have been clickable, but I did notice some here are... I was wondering how to go about doing that.
I was gonna start experimenting, but I figured I should just ask how before I screw something up.
How?

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated... Thank you!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey McGyver, if you hover over your forum Nick in the upper right of each page, you'll see a bunch of links popup, and the second one in the left column is Signature. Click that, and it'll take you to where you can add a sig banner.

As far as the code goes, I think you need to use URL= (in square brackets) with the link to your ShareCG portfolio and end it with /URL (in square brackets), instead of the usual a href=" " (in pointy brackets) that's used on regular web pages, ending with /a (in pointy brackets). Forums usually use a sightly different set of codes.

In between the URL and /URL codes, is where you would put a link to the graphic image you want folks to be able to click or, I believe, you can just upload an image file for that purpose.

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I haven't tried it but in some forums if you have the picture selected and click on the link button you can make a linkable image. I haven't tried it here though...

McGyver

Energetic
Thank you both!
It worked!... I followed the instructions and it worked!... This is how Labrador Retrievers must feel when they land Boeing 777s following the control tower's instructions!
Seriously I think that is the first time it worked in one shot.
Thanks.:snoopydance:

That's is the first... Maybe second time, I've ever used an emoticon in a forum... Most likely the first.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
YAY!!! McGyver's Freebie Gallery is back!! Well the clickable banner for it is. ;)

Glad to have been of help. :)