• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to Create an Album

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I still can't figure out how to create an album. I can't find a button in the gallery to do that.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
go to the top of the forum
Click on the Media tab
click Add Media
Select An Album and click on the black triangle.
Select Create an Album.
A new dialogue box will pop up.
Type in the Album Name and Description
Select permissions
Click Create Album.

Schmitz

Inspired
I've done all of this, but I still get the message "upload error upload not possible. Could anyone tell me how to upload my media in my createt album without that mesage?

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Hi Schmitz! Firstly, welcome to the forum :) When uploading to media albums you must tag your render with at least one tag and you do that by clicking the 'expand' button and filling in the tag space. There's also a space for a caption in the expanded space. Hope that helps.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome Schmitz...

@Lorraine, I'm wondering if you have to post a certain number of times before uploading an image? Can you remember?? Sorry totally brain dead but that may be what is causing the problem...

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Gosh, brain's not throwing up that bit of info either. I just remembered how I couldn't upload a render till I gave it a tag. Took several goes before I successfully uploaded my first.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I might pm Alisa...she should know. I think that might be the issue here but can't remember for certain.

Schmitz

Inspired
Does not work allready. It breaks bevor asking vor a Tag with "common error occures bla bla". I think the reason ist that flashplayer stuff, wich is used here (and is realy sh..). No one needs flashplayer and it costs much nervs of mine. So I will cancel all my uploads on this side and use it only for writing and reading. :sorry:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
There are also size limits (that's what normally causes my errors), the files need to be under 1mb (and I think its best to reduce it yourself to be under 1600x1600 pixels)

Schmitz

Inspired
I decreased the file to 249 kB and it's under 1600 x 1600. I'm using firefox. Sharing that stuff on the main side of hivewire is no problem. Only when I use my own gallery that error comes up. Posibel the reason is using firefox, but I would never use that edge stuff from microsoft. Bill Gates knows enough about me. Windows 10 is a horror. 4 Renders broken because of automatical updates from billy-boys toy. When I render now, I close everey connection to the web.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
We use Firefox here with no issues. Let me look into this a bit. Don't give up! We will get it working!

Schmitz

Inspired
It doessn't work allready. Thinking about to cancel my account and stay at devineart. This account makes no sense when I can't get feedback of my work, because its impossible to upload something. Same as "you get 500 points if you are in the monthly galerie." I'm in, but points... Its allready a joke.