• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How does the ds Photoshop bridge work

Jay Versluis

Admirable
With Photoshop CC, if you stop paying the monthly fee, your access is cut off. They check your credentials every time you login, but they let you use the programme for 30 days if no internet connection is available. After 30 days without internet though Photoshop stops working. I've heard that you can ask Adobe to bump that limit up, you just have to tell them a legitimate excuse (something like "I'll be on an artic cruise for 6 months, followed by a year at a camp on the North Pole").

I haven't forgotten about the screencast - I'll find time over the weekend!

And yes, you can texture for characters and clothing without fancy programmes - Photoshop & Co will do the trick just fine. With CC or any of the Photoshop 3D versions you can even paint across seams directly onto a 3D object.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And yes, you can texture for characters and clothing without fancy programmes - Photoshop & Co will do the trick just fine. With CC or any of the Photoshop 3D versions you can even paint across seams directly onto a 3D object.
That would be quite handy!

I have CS6 Extended and I know it has 3D but I've never used it, do you know if you can do the seam thing in that version?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I'd love a tutorial on how to do that. I run PS CC so it would be cool to have a thorough tutorial on how to load up a model that needs it's seems fixed and how to select a source to paint with and all that...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
With Photoshop CC, if you stop paying the monthly fee, your access is cut off. They check your credentials every time you login, but they let you use the programme for 30 days if no internet connection is available. After 30 days without internet though Photoshop stops working. I've heard that you can ask Adobe to bump that limit up, you just have to tell them a legitimate excuse (something like "I'll be on an artic cruise for 6 months, followed by a year at a camp on the North Pole").

Thanks for the info...that's what I had thought happened.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic

I haven't forgotten about the screencast - I'll find time over the weekend!

what if you are not going to see the polar bears except at the local zoo?

Jay Versluis

Admirable
OK, I've been busy over the weekend and put a screencast on all the lovely Photoshop 3D Bridge options together. And while I was at it, I also added written instructions to the mix. You can see the screencast here (about 20mins):

How to use the Photoshop 3D Bridge in DAZ Studio (written instructions)

And for Rae and RAM, I've made another one that goes through the 3D options in Photoshop:

Hope this helps ;-)