• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How do you create DS character with Poser model?

DaremoK3

Enthusiast
Great mini-tut, Lorraine. That should help her out with the conforming conversions.

CajunBeauty:

tparo said no, but I say yes (well, at least with DS 4.5, and whichever version was current as of November 2015 - with a little help from Bejaymac over at Renderosity).

If you don't mind (or not afraid to) adding a little bit of parameters/data to a conforming clothes DUF file, you can still do it for free. I can't confirm if it works with DS4.9, but I can confirm the DynCreator script working in DS 4.6, so being designed for DS4.8/9 and working in 4.6 shows compatibility. I'm only up to using 4.6 (with no plans to upgrade), and I haven't utilized this since 4.5, but I am confident it still works (with Bejaymac's tip). The tutorial on step-by-step of how to do this is here:

PoC : You can create your own Dynamic Clothes

And, one advantage it still has over the DynCreator script is that the mesh remains conforming and can be posed before drapes (same as Optitex cloth). Don't know why the script author had to go with converting the conforming cloth to static mesh for it to work, but it might have to do with some kind of circumventing whatever coding DAZ implemented trying to dissuade people from using the tutorial.

So, to sum up; DynCreator for a few dollars - works, but static cloth only. PoC do-it-yourself tut for free - works (or still should), and cloth remains conforming with dynamic sim draping ability.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Nice tut and list of freebies Lorraine...

Daremok3 is right Bejaymac has said something similar here in one of the threads.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Some nice freebie clothes for Dawn:
Rendo
Cybrea's Freestuff on Renderosity Cybrea has some very nice DS outfits for Dawn as well as Bow which you already have.
HipJeans for Dawn (poser, need to be converted to DS)
DynamicClothing for Dawn (poser dynamic)
Harvest - A little summer dress for Dawn (poser dynamic)
StudioArtVartanian's Freestuff on Renderosity some nice DS outfits
Sharecg
ShareCG - pendraia's Gallery Pen's clothing and morphs
ShareCG - jan019's Gallery Jan has a lot of lovely clothing for Dawn and V4
ShareCG - eblank99's Gallery (has some DS items plus a huge array of mats for various clothing)

Wilmap's Digital Creations (you need to sign up but she has a lot of clothes for a lot of figures)
DAWN (Sanbie has a lot of clothing for Dawn and other figures. This is Dawn's page)
I have a question any free sunglasses for Dawn?

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
There are lots of free sunglasses around which aren't difficult to resize to Dawn, just parent to head like hair.

Lorraine

Yep, just use the parameters to move them up and down and back and forth till they're in the right place and then resize them to fit. They're poser props usually which means they open in DS just fine. When you have them fitted, save as a support asset and they'll be there next time all ready to use.

However, now I come to think about it I do think someone made some sunnies for Dawn. But I'm not at my computer to check.

Lorraine

To darken the lenses, select the glasses, open the Surfaces tab, select the lenses in the menu and click on their colour swatch in the diffuse spot. Darken that. Also, if they are already set to black diffuse, go down to opacity and slide the slider till they are dark enough for you.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
To darken the lenses, select the glasses, open the Surfaces tab, select the lenses in the menu and click on their colour swatch in the diffuse spot. Darken that. Also, if they are already set to black diffuse, go down to opacity and slide the slider till they are dark enough for you.
Thanks! I should have known that, just was wondering if it was different for lenses. I will have to go try soon. I took the weekend off for my birthday.