• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How do I stop the new slideshow ticking on the random media on the forum homepage?

Bwldrd

Admirable
Really don't know where to post to ask this, but does anyone know how to accomplish it? I don't like it ticking away on it's own, as every time I try to click an image to see, it moves on me and opens the wrong image.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not sure, but I sent Lisa a PM to answer your question, as she's the one who knows all the ins and outs of the forum features.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I can look at it. Are you on desktop or mobile?

DanaTA

Distinguished
It moves kind of fast, Lisa. But, I find that if you position the mouse cursor one image to the left and click as soon as it moves, usually that wins.

It changes about every two seconds. Maybe add one more second to the delay.

Dana

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
Okay. I cut the images being displayed from 24 to 12. Did that make any difference for you?

There is one more thing I can try if not.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
He's talking about it "being" a slideshow. Until recently it was a stagnant display which only changed when you refreshed the page in your browser.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
there should be a timing option... as @DanaTA says for him about 2 secs for me it's more like 1.5 secs.. admin should be able to change that value to anything, 4 or 5 seconds pause would be better IMO

but if you like an image and it scrolls past just click on the little round button before the highlighted one to bring that window back..

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
He's talking about it "being" a slideshow. Until recently it was a stagnant display which only changed when you refreshed the page in your browser.

No it has always switched those images at the top for me. Dunno. Four or five images usually. Little dots in the lower right hand corner that you can click to choose the image.

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
It has always displayed images that you could scroll through. I think we may have had it set to display 10 images. They have always changed when you refresh the page.

Recently we got some new tools that allow for a bit of customization.

0B21AC41-8DA6-466C-8450-1A1C21EC24E9.jpeg

These are the only controls we have for this aside from where the widget gets the images to display. There are no controls to delay the rotation of the slides. I thought that perhaps decreasing the images displayed from 24 to 12 might slow it down some.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Lisa, does this generate a text file that controls the slider and images to be displayed? The slider on my site uses something like this. In the setup, you can specify the time interval. Maybe look for a generated script file. It may have something in there that is default but perhaps can be changed manually. Just a thought.

Dana