• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How do I install a plugin?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Were there no instructions on the site where you found it?

OK, I just did a search and found the installation notes, so check this out and see if you can get it to work properly.

Installation Guide

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh, thanks for stopping by Lobo, and thanks for the link to Manuel's YouTube channel. ;)

Lobo3433

Admirable
Anytime Miss B I like that he usually puts a new video with each new version and they are not little 1 or 2 minute demos he seems to cover most and all that is new in a release

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
In general, you download add-ons to your hard drive wherever you want, start up Blender, go to File > User Preferences > Add-ons > Install Add-on from file. I wouldn't be surprised if most add-ons didn't include this instruction because it has nothing to do with the individual add-on and is instead a basic aspect of Blender. And it does seem to work for ManuelBastioni Lab.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually KK, I think that's the first time I've seen that instruction, but then I guess it depends on the add-on and how it functions.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Actually KK, I think that's the first time I've seen that instruction, but then I guess it depends on the add-on and how it functions.
All Blender standard add-ons get installed that way. Download the zip, install from file. You should only need to do something different if there's a problem or the add-on isn't following standards. I don't think I've ever encountered the latter.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, I guess that shows how many Blender add-ons I "haven't" installed. ;)

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Hehehehe! Well, you did used to have to install things by hand some time ago. Which means if you're using an older plugin, its instructions might be more involved. But if you encounter a random Blender plugin, that's the installation process to try.

Tom Mcgee

New-Bee
Know that you know how to install plugins let me recommend you Node Wrangler. This plugins really should be mandatory for every Blender user. If you do not use it, just download it. Makes working in the node viewer so much better.

TexTools are great, I find the UV stuff in Blender extremely lacking.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've heard of Node Wrangler, but not sure if I have it.

What do you find lacking as far as UV stuff in Blender? I always create my UV maps in Blender, but actually create textures in Photoshop using the UV maps I've created in Blender. I'm taking a class at Udemy, and hopefully I'll learn more about the Node Editor, and creating Cycles shaders, as it's what the Poser SuperFly render engine is based on, so it'll be like learning for both applications.