• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How do I get Email notifications now?

Kerya

Brilliant
Up to last week I got email notifications when somebody answered to a watched thread. This weekend they stopped. I looked under Preferences and the "receive email notifications" boxes are still ticked.

I did look in my Spam folder ... no emails there.

Help?

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hi Kerya,

You have to make sure you visit the thread in the forum to continue getting notices on that thread. We have set our email notices to include the entire reply and not just a snippet where you would have to go to the forum to read the rest. Sometimes when I read the reply in my inbox I don’t visit the thread in the forum and stop getting notices.

Does that make sense?

Kerya

Brilliant
I am always going to the forum and read the whole thing ... I didn't even get an email for your reply.
Looks like something is broken. Oh well - I got used to it at Daz, now here too. Sniff.

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
Have you checked "Preferences" in your account settings? All of the controls for email options are there.

Kerya

Brilliant
Yes, that was the first place I looked, but nothing has changed ... see screenshots ...
As nobody chimed in with "Me too" I am guessing I am alone here. So, don't worry, I will just log in from time to time.
The bell icon on top of the forum does tell me when there are new alerts.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    19 KB · Views: 188
  • screenshot2.png
    screenshot2.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 182

DanaTA

Distinguished
I only have notices in the upper right...the bell icon. I just come here, refresh the page, and new notices show for both forums and private mail. I find it easier this way. Same for the forums at DAZ. I was getting overwhelmed with emails from those forums. So I just have my "Bookmarks". I click on that icon, and every now and then refresh the page. Threads with new posts float to the top of the list, and little orange numbers show how many new posts there are.

Dana

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
@Kerya our outgoing email logs show that your email address is rejecting our emails as spam. Perhaps check your spam settings and allow webmaster @ hivewire3d.com?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh that's probably the issue. I had that with my IP's email address years ago, so now I only use it for personal emails to friends and family.

Kerya

Brilliant
Thank you so much for following up on my obviously singular personal problem!

Unfortunately I don't know how to tell GMX not to reject your emails, like I said, they don't end up in my spamfolder, they just don't arrive.
But I know how to whitelist, so I will try that.

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
Sorry to hear. There are a few (like three) people who have their email from us rejected consistently. I am sure it is frustrating.

:tantrum:

Kerya

Brilliant
It is okay ... at least now I know where the problem is. I will just use the little bell thingie and turn off the email. Maybe I will try somewhen and it will work again in a year or so. LOL