• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How do I combine two psd files

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I have wondered how to combine two or more psd files into one.
Also I have many v4 make up merchant resource sets that I would like to convert to Dawn or Genesis 3 female or other figure. How would I find out if it is legit or not to convert them? I want to combine them all if feasible even if it is a file per creator?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I can't answer the question about whether it's legit, though if you're not going to be selling them, and only use them for your own personal use, I can't imagine the conversions wouldn't be legit.

As far as combining two or more PSD files, I do that by placing each on its own layer. That's simple if each is only a single layer, you just drag one from it's Layer palette to the other, and then adjust it so they're positioned correctly.

If each PSD file has several layers, then you would have to drag each of the layers over to the other PSD file individually. That'll take longer, but it works.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
:yeahthat:
It would be legit to do this for your own use, just not for sale or freebies unless it says so in the readme files (if a vendor makes an MR for a particular product they usually state if its for that product only or not).

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
If it's only for your own use it should be okay. You would need to check the readme's for the terms of use or if they had a licence packaged with them. Some vendors do not like you converting between figures and don't allow it. 3D Dream who does a lot of the Dawn ones doesn't allow it but the beard resource from Hinky Punk does. IIRC...
You can combine the way Miss B suggested or another alternative is to select all and copy and paste it into the other document. You can either copy merged or do the individual layers depending on what you are trying to do.

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
As far as combining two or more PSD files, I do that by placing each on its own layer. That's simple if each is only a single layer, you just drag one from it's Layer palette to the other, and then adjust it so they're positioned correctly.

If each PSD file has several layers, then you would have to drag each of the layers over to the other PSD file individually. That'll take longer, but it works.

I have CS3 and, at least in this version, you can drag multiple layers from one PSD to another. Just select all the layers you want to move in the Layers palette of the first image and drag them to the second image where you want to add them. The layers should stay selected in the Layers palette for the second image and you can align them them all at the same time.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmm, I never would've thought to drag multiple layers at one time. I'll have to check that out.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes. You can drag multiple layers with Photoshop CS5 also. Or you can group them first and then move the entire group.

Also, hold the shift as you're dragging and dropping, and the layers will stay aligned. Just make sure you don't have any selections on the destination file. That can mess up the aligning.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Good tip Satira. Going to have to add that to my PS Tidbits of Interest file. ;)