• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hivewire Wild Cats

Rick

Eager
Are these all the wild Hivewire Cat Files in the store. I don't want to miss any necessary files. I have not purchased Poser 12 yet, but I am hearing, there are some changes in the Superfly rendering? Is this true? How will it effect superfly textures? Even though I have not been around very often this past few years, as life has gotten busy, I really sorry to see Hivewire closing its store. While I do certainly understand it. Glad to hear the forum will remain open. I like the deer & bucks as well & will be thinking hard on those fore the close date.

Attachments

• Hivewire.jpg
    Hivewire.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 142

Rick

Eager
Are these all the wild Hivewire Cat Files in the store. I don't want to miss any necessary files. I have not purchased Poser 12 yet, but I am hearing, there are some changes in the Superfly rendering? Is this true? How will it effect superfly textures? Even though I have not been around very often this past few years, as life has gotten busy, I really sorry to see Hivewire closing its store. While I do certainly understand it. Glad to hear the forum will remain open. I like the deer & bucks as well & will be thinking hard on those fore the close date.
Value stacks for these cats & the bucks would of made it easier to have them all in one place, so I don't miss any. :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You need the HiveWire Big Cat to use the rest (and the HiveWire Cub if the others have cub settings). I'm not sure about the Superfly settings but I think its mostly to do with rendering with GPU updates? (and maybe some changes/updates to cycles?), sorry I'm a Daz user lol.

For the deer, you will need the HW Horse and Mule Deer add-on to use the rest and most likely the Antler pack add-on for most (Except the Caribou it just needs the HW Horse). But they all should say what they need

Rick

Eager
You need the HiveWire Big Cat to use the rest (and the HiveWire Cub if the others have cub settings). I'm not sure about the Superfly settings but I think its mostly to do with rendering with GPU updates? (and maybe some changes/updates to cycles?), sorry I'm a Daz user lol.

For the deer, you will need the HW Horse and Mule Deer add-on to use the rest and most likely the Antler pack add-on for most (Except the Caribou it just needs the HW Horse). But they all should say what they need
Thank you so much Rae! :)

Rick

Eager
Does the HiveWire big dog textures and poses work with the HiveWire puppy? Thanks...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Generally Yes, some tweaking may need to be done to the poses because of size tho.

(Also the HW House Cat, and Big Cat textures will work with the Big Dog too and visa versa as they use the same mesh)

Rick

Eager
Generally Yes, some tweaking may need to be done to the poses because of size tho.

(Also the HW House Cat, and Big Cat textures will work with the Big Dog too and visa versa as they use the same mesh)
Thank you so much Rae! Happy New Years!

"I have not purchased Poser 12 yet, but I am hearing, there are some changes in the Superfly rendering? Is this true? How will it effect superfly textures?"

For the latest version of Poser 12 Early Access, still a bit of a work-in-progress until the Final version appears:

"ShaderNode equivalency behaviour in Poser 12 is now consistent with Poser 11."

"Partial fix for seams showing in SSS, when traditional skinning [of figures] is used."

"Fixed exporting SuperFly renders to ‘Aux’ layers as .PSD and .PNG – the “Original” layer is no longer dark."

SuperFly users can now "select multiple GPUs for hardware render" and "local and remote Queue Rendering" is enabled.

SuperFly now supports Ambient Occlusion.

SuperFly now "almost twice as fast on a CPU render" if you have the savvy to tweak settings right. GPU rendering now supported for RTX 30 series cards.

Lots of new Nodes stuff in the new Cycles version for SuperFly in Poser 12.