• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Ruckus Character

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
We've been wanting to create a monster "freak-type" character from Dusk, ever since we knew we were going to create Dusk. So... here's a go at it. We're calling him Ruckus. He's a pure morph from Dusk. I think all we'll need is minimum clothing for this character too. Perhaps his body and his hands are his weapons much like that of the Hulk.

Here's a bunch of screen grabs to throw at you all.

Ruckus12.JPG

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
He looks really cool Chris but you may want to give the user options to scale the hands and feet to something more normalized as he could be a bodybuilder or a super hero unlike the Hulk. Just an observation and suggestion! Other than that I love the jaw line, it's very strong and blocky! Love that!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
He looks really cool Chris but you may want to give the user options to scale the hands and feet to something more normalized as he could be a bodybuilder or a super hero unlike the Hulk. Just an observation and suggestion! Other than that I love the jaw line, it's very strong and blocky! Love that!

Thanks RAMWolff. Gotcha covered on the scaled down hands and feet. I save things as I go most of the time.

Ruckus20.JPG

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
This is fantastic! giants, trolls, superheroes, supervillians, the basis is there for all of them!

Right on! I can see a brute of a gladiator with our Loincloth, sandals, shield and an 8 foot sword. I can see a big chinese warrior too with a ponytail on top of this head. I may have to try that look. I think it would be good.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist

Honest question: Can't people make those right now with Dusk's morphs?

His shoulders look really narrow to me. I like his overall shape. Might I suggest that his maps have displacement for veins and muscle striations?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Honest question: Can't people make those right now with Dusk's morphs?

His shoulders look really narrow to me. I like his overall shape. Might I suggest that his maps have displacement for veins and muscle striations?

Dusk has a whole bunch of morphs that I feel are certainly underutilized. I used many existing morphs that I've created for Dusk in the past as a starting point for this character. When Paul can put an adjusted rig to it will be a good time to see if shoulders need adjusted. I'm trying to picture this with the shoulders down and from my experience in the past I think we might be okay. We'll see how it goes. And yes, it would be great to have an added value with displacement for veins, striations, and sinew.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
By the way, it's great to see you here Kobaltkween. Thank you for that.