• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hivewire horse poses Oops!

Mivan

Admirable
I have located the HW horse in DS 4.9. Unfortunately there are no separate controls for the mane. In order to work around this I purchased Flintrocks poses. Loaded the DS files and DS could not find. Did a content search and DS still cannot find. I loaded the poser files and did another content search. Ditto. I have done content pane searches for Hivewire, flintrock and only come up with the HW horse; no poses. I know the files are in the Library because a Windows search clearly shows them: C:\Users\Documents\DAZ 3D\My Library\Runtime\libraries\Pose\HiveWire 3D Animals\HiveWireHorse\FlintHawk Pose Pack 1. I have painstakingly searched the entire content under My Library and found nothing. No listing of Hivewire animals under animals either. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Mike

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, Mivan -

The controls for the mane are in the HORSE body..under "Actor" you'll see Mane as an option

As for search, not sure where or how your're searching - can you do some screenshots and maybe someone can help.

We're not sure if there's some weirdness in DS, though

Mivan

Admirable
Yours are not the only products for which DS seems to be simply STRANGE! It sometimes takes 3 or 4 days for a product to show in the content pane. I also have run across poorly done content entries
that are not vetted by the artists or vendors and simply do not work as written. A recent example was Thorne by Thorne. It had the word content listed twice. The fix was simply to remove one content and DS
was then able to find it. Well I just finished my umpty thousandth search for the poses to no avail and that was after the third re-boot.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
That IS weird...

Definitely could be a bug in DS...

Mivan

Admirable
OK I found the dials. Thanks for the heads up. Still cannot find any other Hivewire content other than the horse though. See the attached image for results of the most recent search for "Hivewire."
DS Search for Hivewire.png

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Well, that's more than I found via search (which I never use) :p

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I don't use search cos it's USELESS!!! ~ok, not going to rant, just breathe~ If I may make a suggestion (completely ignore me if you want). Ditch how you're working. Use the content pane, find and install a little database program called 'Everything', use it to search, find everything (pun intended ;) )

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Mivan, have you tried using scan for content in known drives? It's under the Content library tab...click on the white triangle top right hand side. You can get it to mark the new files so they are easier to find.

Edited to add...If you go to Daz Library and go to Animals/Hivewire Horse iirc and Dawn and dusk are People/Dawn and People/Dusk.

I use search a lot but it doesn't do well with brands it needs something more specific like horse or Dawn. Unfortunately you do get a lot of responses for Dawn as it's been used in a lot of products.

You can also look in the Products section if you know the name of the product.

Mivan

Admirable
Thanks Pendraia and Lorraine. I have used the content search function several times and it will not find the folder. Finds the folders on either side with no problem though. Go figure! I also have looked in the products section. A bit frustrating since vers.4.9 seems to have a very good handle on content but for some reason it can't find its own rearend. Perhaps when I start the program this morning things will be different. Keeping fingers crossed!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Pendraia and Lorraine. I have used the content search function several times and it will not find the folder. Finds the folders on either side with no problem though. Go figure! I also have looked in the products section. A bit frustrating since vers.4.9 seems to have a very good handle on content but for some reason it can't find its own rearend. Perhaps when I start the program this morning things will be different. Keeping fingers crossed!
I haven't updated to 4.9 yet...still waiting to finish Diva.

Mivan

Admirable
I finally found the flinthawk poses. Are you ready for this? Poser formats>My Library>Downloads>Pose>Hivewire3DAnimals>HivewireHorse>Flintrock...
It took me hours of going through the MyLibrary listings and all the way nearly to the end I clicked on "Downloads" to see what it was. Obviously should not be in there! Anyway after finding the poses I applied one and the horse looks like Picasso got hold of it. The model was just completely distorted! Guess I will have to stick with the Daz horses, sigh............!

Picasso Horse.png

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yes, you do not want to use the Poser version of the poses.

Poser formats>My Library>Downloads>Pose>Hivewire3DAnimals>HivewireHorse>Flintrock.

Ah HA - There's the problem. Instead of installing this pack DIRECTLY under whatever Library you want them to be in (whether that's called "My Library" or "Content" or whatever), you've created a sub-folder BELOW that called "Downloads". Our products MUST be installed directly under the folder, not a subfolder. DAZ Studio can't see them there.

You want to be using the ones in the DAZ Studio format, though - they are in

\Animals\HiveWireHorse\Poses\Horse\FlintHawk Pose Pack 1\

Please see this post about installing and finding your content :) - I think it will help!

How to install and find your HiveWire 3D content in DAZ Studio | HiveWire 3D Community

Hope this helps!

Mivan

Admirable
Ah HA, but here is the catch. I did not create the "downloads" folder! Daz done did dat all by its wittle self! I install all content to Daz Studio>My Library and it creates its own folders. There is no more "Content" folder. That's OK, I shall keep on keepin on!

Mivan

Admirable
Sorry I was so late in posting the last post. I wrote it and never posted it! Calcified brain synapses you know.

eclark1894

Visionary
OK I found the dials. Thanks for the heads up. Still cannot find any other Hivewire content other than the horse though. See the attached image for results of the most recent search for "Hivewire."View attachment 5017
Yeah, I had that problem too. Never solved it. Of course I'm new to Studio and never could figure out why it was so freaking complicated in the first place. Of course, the fact that I was on my Windows computer didn't help any as I'm a Mac person, so that was two strikes against me from the get go.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Ah HA, but here is the catch. I did not create the "downloads" folder! Daz done did dat all by its wittle self! I install all content to Daz Studio>My Library and it creates its own folders. There is no more "Content" folder. That's OK, I shall keep on keepin on!
WEIRD!

Good, you keep on keepin on ;)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
My solution to this problem is never to install directly into DS. Everything gets unzipped into an installation folder. From there I cut and paste into where I want things to go, fixing paths as I find them wrong and ensuring things go where I want them too. The only things that MUST go into the same place as the install folder are the data into My Library folder and texture into Runtime folders. Apart from those two folders you can stick your DS content anywhere you like in the My Library folder but NOT into the Runtime folder or DS will not be able to find or see it. My People folder is labeled !People so it's right at the top, inside it I have !Baby Luna, !Dawn and !Dusk so they are at the top of the people folders. DS finds them all. The very most important thing to do is map your DS My Library folder. If DS doesn't know where it is it won't find anything at all.