• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Solved Hivewire Cat 3delight problem?

liasen

Inspired
Recently broke my Daz installs and had to reinstall Daz Studio and a ton of content

Now, I can't render the hivewire big cat in 3delight- it renders as a very washed out blur using the 3delight shaders.

Can someone tell me what Shader base the 3delight shader for the hivewire cat is based on, so i can make sure it is installed properly? I like renderering in both iray AND 3delight.

Appreciate help figuring out the problem, thanks!

DigiDotz

Adventurous
It works ok in 3d delight here -hope someone knows more about shaders can answer your question
Sounds like "shading rate" in the render settings though

DigiDotz

Adventurous
is the blur like this?
cat.jpg

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
I'm not at home at the moment so can't check, but i think the cat uses the basic 3dl shader for 3dl.when I get home I will check and see if mine is rendering blurry I don't remember it doing so.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
It uses AoA SubSurface and DAZ Studio Default

DigiDotz - to find this out, click on Kitty, then on the Surfaces Tab.

Be sure that EDITOR is selected at the top of the tab, rather than PRESETS.

Click on HiveWireBigCat in the Surface Tab. You'll see at the top it says Shader: <Multiple>

If you click on individual parts you'll see the shader used for it

Finding the Shader used in DAZ Studio.jpg

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
I'm not getting blurry textures in 3dl. I would check your render settings if these aren't high enough you will get blurry textures on render, its could be your shading rate is too high a number it needs to be at least 0.5 if not 0.2.

liasen

Inspired
I was getting what digidots posted. How embarrassing. I haven't had to reset my daz shader settings in a while... i have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE why the DEFAULT shading rate for 3DL is set to a whopping (or is that really the opposite?) 80!!!!!!
YES 80!!

Thanks for pointing that out. Promptly reset it back to my normal 0.01 and its rendering again. Who ever thought the default would be so miserably useless???

Okay so problem solved.
Still shaking my head. shading rate 80????? really???? Dang. Okay, happily rendering again. Thanks guys :) here I was panicking thinking I broke some old shaders. :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Glad it was such a simple fix (once you knew what it was, of course ;))

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Odd my default shading rate is 1, which is what I think it has always been, you shouldn't really have to go as low as 0.01, if you are using uberenvironment or AoA lights you also need to set the shading rate there.