• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hivers in the path of Harvey?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Add my good thoughts and hopes everything works out well for anyone in Harvey's path.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I live about 45 miles north of Houston. Not really in the path. We are supposed to be on the 'dirty' side of the storm. Expecting mostly rain (a lot) and high winds. So far, only dark clouds and cooler temps with only occasional light rain. Praying for those in thick of it.

eclark1894

Visionary
I've got a niece and her family living in Texas. I think they're in Houston, so I hope no one is offended if I pray to God for their and Texas' protection.
PS. I don't really care if you are offended, but just wanted to let you know, I'm not looking to do it on purpose.:sneaky:

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Looks like it's going to be wall to wall rain here for days, maybe a week. Lots of flooding. Houston is going to be very wet. There's been a lot of damage at landfall. God bless us all here in Texas. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Goodness, Harvey's beginning to sound a lot like Katrina. I hope it doesn't do as much damage.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Still raining. It's almost constant. Haven't seen this much water in ages. Flooding is wide spread. We're effectively cut off from civilization. Power just went out. Otherwise, it's a fine day. :)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
David, please be safe! I'm watching and the horror you are experiencing must be absouletely terrifying.

It appears that all of the city of Houston is now trapped inside Houston - all roads leading out are inundated with water and unpassable.

Current word is go UP if water starts to enter your home - get to the attic but take something to break through the roof to get out on it and signal for help. Take towels or blankets to build a signal system.

Please be safe!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Geeze David, do take care, and Traci's tips are well worth adhering to.

Sheesh, Katrina all over again. ~shakes head~

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Thanks, all. We're on high ground. So far, so good. No power currently, but as dry as we can be considering the circumstances. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh high ground is a good thing. Power will come back at some point. Thank goodness for mobile devices in these situations.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Glad you're ok, David!

Thinking about all of those in harm's way!

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
OK, was gone for a bit but now I'm back. Power was out for a while. Still trapped at home, but, so far, out of flood danger. The nearest town (15 miles) is almost a lake. Main artery to Houston, HW 59 is a lake. People all around are stuck until water goes down. It's been about 20 years since flooding has been this bad. There's been plenty of time for introspection. :) We're doing well. Thanks for all your encouragement.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
OK, was gone for a bit but now I'm back. Power was out for a while. Still trapped at home, but, so far, out of flood danger. The nearest town (15 miles) is almost a lake. Main artery to Houston, HW 59 is a lake. People all around are stuck until water goes down. It's been about 20 years since flooding has been this bad. There's been plenty of time for introspection. :) We're doing well. Thanks for all your encouragement.

Good to hear from you David, and good to hear you're safe.

Has it stopped raining yet?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I just can't imagine being flooded in. Bad enough those times when we've been snowed in. But flooding is something completely different. Especially, with sewers overflowing /shudder

James R.

Busy Bee
We had severe spring flooding in 2013 in Calgary when I was living there...but nowhere in the city did we have water up to the tops of overhead highway road signs or 140mph winds. My gosh, I can't even imagine... I'm glad you're safe, David.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Glad you're ok. I used to live in an area where it flooded badly quite often, and our town became an "island" a few times. The first time, we'd left and couldn't get back home. Our street was high up and never in the flood zone, though. My thoughts are with all of those who've been affected by Harvey.