• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Helping Furloughed Government Workers

ibr_remote

Adventurous
1) Am not a USA person, not clear if Fed workers (now on furlough) are allowed to or have been creating 3D assets for sale;

2) Can marketplace highlight those accounts, if it does not compromise their employment status, so we can consider buying stuff from them ?

3) Can HW3D also suggest Renderosity think about this as well ?

4) I apologise in advance if this is not a wise or sensible suggestion.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's certainly an interesting thought IBR, but I have to wonder how we'd know if a vendor is a Fed worker on furlough while the Gov't is shut down. I don't really see a vendor in that situation, if there are any, actually advertising they're in that situation.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I can't see why a Fed worker, even on furlough, not be able to create 3D content for sale, pretty sure it would qualify as a hobby. Though I'm not sure how anyone would know if they were such a person unless they said something. Though it is a nice idea.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I don't think we have any vendors who are also government employees, though it's kind of you to want to help them.

It looks like the government shutdown has ended at least until February 15th with promises to get furloughed workers their back pay as soon as possible.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
From your fingers to the Man Upstairs' ears. Unless you used a speech to text editor to write that then from your lips to His ears.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Here's hoping the Gov't shutdown is ended for good.
I guess that will depend on Congress and we know how they work....or rather...DON'T work! :(
From what I understood Furlowed workers will not get back pay only those who continued working w/o pay...and there were many.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
What a horrible situation for workers to be in. Many of them are probably only a few wage packets ahead of going broke at the best of times.

robert952

Brilliant
Hmm... thought I posted a reply. Blame it on senility.

Only issue I would see might be a conflict of interest. Far fetched, but if I was a Federal employee creating 3D assets for say military simulators, it would likely be a conflict of interest for me to sell 3D assets as a 'side business' at any time including while on furlough. Such conflicts would likely be spelled out in a contract of some sort I am sure. But, that would be a real stretch and not affect very many people. (In my scenario, I am sure security issues would have to be reviewed also.)

ibr_remote

Adventurous
Oh... The furlough has ended and backpay will be - presumably, given. OK, it was a thought exercise in the end.