• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Help making content spaceship frigate product

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums from me too Morkonan, and thanks for the Blender tutorial links. I have to update my long (and growing) list of Blender goodies in the Blender forum, and I'm going to be adding your links as well.

Morkonan

Inspired
Thanks, all. I used to post frequently on the old DAZ Hexagon forums, waaay back when. Not so often, now.

One thing I have noticed, though, is a bit of "knowledge drain" as old savvy users in the communities move on to other things. Newer knowledge-bearing members do appear and give their advice, but it's not as often and the DS/Poser communities in general have suffered from this a bit. I'm no wizard nor am I filled with knowledge that amounts to more than a bit of smelly stuffs... But, I'm also a bit self-deprecating, too. :) When I can, I'll try to post some threads on general 3D knowledge and how hobbyists can create their own products/items for Poser. (I don't know DS.) It's incredibly easy to do, but only once one is armed with a little bit of knowledge. I'd hate to see anyone get discouraged simply because they didn't have a few necessary bits of information handy in order to learn how easy it actually is.

GeekAtPlay vids for Hexagon are awesome (Much respect to them!) and there are a boatload of easy-to-follow general 3D vids out there, many centered on Blender or other easily available applications. Any of these sorts of 3D polygonal modeling videos can serve to enlighten and inspire. Years ago, there was a group called "Gorilla 3D" that put out a series of basic instructional videos for 3D modeling that I have yet to have seen bested. Sadly, they're no longer around and their vids are lost in time... If anyone comes across them, I'd love to get a link so I can refer people to those vids. They were outstanding!