• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Solved HELP! HIVEWIRE IS SHRINKING!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Right after I installed an update for Firefox, my preferred browser, I started having problems with the screen switching sizes, i.e. getting smaller, until everything has been reduced to minimum. Minute, almost unreadable (for me) text, thumbnails, etc. As a result I have to switch to Explorer to visit, which I prefer not to if I can help it! I've had a similar problem before with Rendo but I can't for the life of me remember how I cured it. All assistance will be gratefully received! Please? :sick:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm using Firefox 48.0.2 on Windows 7 SP1 and not having any problems such as you describe at all. Are you on a Mac, Windows 10, Linux?

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Hi Sanbie,
The scroll buttons had no effect unless I use the touchpad to enlarge or shrink the screen after which I had to start scrolling around to different areas to find stuff which was unwieldy!

Hi Miss B,
I'm using the latest version (updated a couple of days back) on Windows 8 running on my laptop. I've read the Firefox Scam thread previously but I went over it again. Happily that jogged my memory about the last time it happened (over at Rendo) which turned out to be caused by a Firefox add-on adversely affecting screen prefs. Ran a refresh (on the Firefox website) which removes them and......problem solved! Yeah! Thank you both for your assistance! :flowers::snoopydances:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
It was the one for removing LSO's (LSB's?) , those permanent cookies some sites are using now, but apparently there's quite a list of them. The last one which was causing me problems was one for removing pop-ups. If I can bethink myself tomorrow I'll go and look it up but I think it was somewhere on the Firefox website! :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I know this has been solved already, but a useful shortcut that works in Firefox and Edge browsers is the CTRL + to enlarge the screen, CTRL - to shrink, and then CTRL 0 (zero) to restore to the default size.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I know this has been solved already, but a useful shortcut that works in Firefox and Edge browsers is the CTRL + to enlarge the screen, CTRL - to shrink, and then CTRL 0 (zero) to restore to the default size.

Thanks Ken! A useful tip to add to the armoury! I'm still trying to find that list of apps which can adversly affect Firefox but, as usual, now that I need it I can't for the life of me find it! Curses!!!! :(