• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hello There!

Hi, I'm relatively new to Hivewire if you don't count years of lurking. ;) My real name is Lizzie and I've been working with Poser since 1999 and professionally since 2006. Right now my big project is an original graphic novel that I wrote the story for and will illustrate myself using Poser and 3d models from a variety of sources including Hivewire. I'm still in the pre-production phase and finalizing various characters, props, and locations for when I start my illustrations. One of the concepts I'm working on at the moment is a Yeti creature using Hivewire's Dusk figure which I'll attach a preview for. I haven't come up with a title for my novel yet so I'm just calling it the "Shelby Bly Project" after the main character for now. It's an adventure story with some mystery, action, romance, and my smart-mouth humor mixed in. If you'd like to learn more about my graphic novel, I have a website for it if it's okay to link to it here. (If not, just let me know and I'll delete the link.) It's here: Shelby Bly Project.

I'll try to be a little more active here if I can and I want to find more uses for Dawn and Dusk in my novel now that I've got some experience with them. (They're fantastic and easy to use figures!) I want to find more uses for the various Hivewire animals that are available so far... I'm still holding out hope for the Hivewire Toy Dog though. I need to digitize my chihuahua!!! :D

Here's my Yeti that I'm still working on (does anyone know of any claw morphs for Dusk??) and I look forward to interacting with you all. :)
cre-yeti-full.jpg

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hi Lizzie! :welcome: to the :beehive:

Love seeing the WIP on your Yeti and looking forward to your additional characters.

Enjoy creating!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome, Lizzie :) I've moved this over to the "It's about the Art" forum - looks like you have some fun projects going!

Hornet3d

Wise
Welcome to Hivewire, I trust you already know how good this place is from your time lurking. Glad you decided to come out of the shadows, have fun and I look forward to seeing how the graphic novel progresses, that is something I have been trying to do for more years than I care to remember.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums Lizzie. I'm loving how your Yeti is developing, and I'm looking forward to seeing what other characters you come up with for your stories. :)

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I taking a wild stab in the dark, but given the Yeti wip I'm guessing the Graphic Novel involves mystery/occult/lost civilization or some type of explorer/archaelogy themes? In those cases your working title is actually a fitting choice I think.

I taking a wild stab in the dark, but given the Yeti wip I'm guessing the Graphic Novel involves mystery/occult/lost civilization or some type of explorer/archaelogy themes? In those cases your working title is actually a fitting choice I think.
You got it mostly right. :) Unlike most adventurers though, Shelby has no idea what she's doing and starts off as just your average college student. I might keep the working title but I'm not sure yet. It's definitely growing on me since I started using it. I had a piece of paper that I had brainstormed titles on but now I can't find it. :(