• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hello everyone.

Been here for a few weeks and haven't introduced myself; where are my manners? ;)

First name is Matthew (last name will remain confidential except for those that need to know). I have a rather varied list of hobbies as I've alluded to elsewhere in the forums tonight; been licensed as an Amateur Radio operator for over two and a half decades now, have been tinkering with 3D art since 2009 using DAZ Studio and Victoria 4, now interested in making content for DS and Poser with Dawn amd Dusk, and DS content with G3 and the new kid on the block G8. You have probably seen Octavet for Dawn; she's a work in progress as I'm also working on her G3F counterpart. The Dawn version will likely be exclusive here, but the G3F version will probably also end up over at CGBytes.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Matthew, it's never too late to say "hi" so . . . Hi, and welcome to the HiveWire Forums. :D

Hiyas !
Welcome to the hive!! :)

Oh, Octavet for Dawn sounds interesting !

She's definitely a fun piece of work. Dawn is a little heavier in polygon count than what I'm used to working with, but it's not as bad as I was expecting. Might have to start on the additional equipment for her as soon as I get that part done on her G3F cousin.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Welcome, welcome! Pleased to meet'cha! :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Welcome to the Hive Matthew. Hope your projects go well and you enjoy being a member here! :)

Welcome to the Hive Matthew. Hope your projects go well and you enjoy being a member here! :)

Richard, thanks. I kinda like the buzzz around here; makes me feel at home. :bee::bee:

You can follow Octovet here:
Octavet for Dawn

Alisa, thanks for posting a link for me; helps to get folks pointed in the right direction. :thankyou2:

Welcome Matthew! Dale and Roy have a message for ya!:sneaky:

Always good to have them say something nice. Love to hear them sing, too.

McGyver

Energetic
Hello Matthew!
Good to meet you... Or the words you typed in...
I might not have ever actually met you, so I wanted to clarify that...
I go by the code name McGyver.
I'm part of Hivewire3D's "Ministry of Peculiar and Confounding Greetings and Covert Operations".
Or as it's commonly know here, the MPJQFPZT.
There was a typing error when they initially filed for the acronym license and that's what we are stuck with.
Don't worry about the covert operations part...
I haven't been assigned to operate on anyone yet, and it's more or less just a precaution in case anyone needs an appendectomy they don't want anyone to know about...
I'm not really a doctor, but I have played one as a kid... That and I'm great at stabbing stuff, so they chose me for this...
Actually that was a typing error too, as that was supposed to be a separate department, but there was some bad paperwork and some amount of hard liquor involved and... You know how it gets.
I'm not implying you are an alcoholic...
But if you are, it's cool...
Everyone needs a hobby I'm always saying...

By the way... This is the "peculiar and confounding" part.

Did I ever tell you I had a turtle named Matthew?
Actually he was named after my cousin Rick.
Everyone called him Matthew because he looked a lot like a turtle that used to live in an ice cream truck that drove through the neighborhood they lived in.
The turtle's name was actually Shelly, but everyone thought his name was Matthew because they would confuse the driver's name with his.
It really made no sense, because they called him Tom and the driver name was really Ishmael.
Which was weird because he looked very horse-like and the only horse in the neighborhood was named Xavier and that's kinda hard to confuse with Tom.
Well, I probably never told you all that because there is only a .0000970096% chance we have ever actually met and or had a conversation that did not begin or end with "What the hell are you doing in here?", "I don't need an appendectomy!" or "Stop that!"
Sorry, about that if we did have that conversation...
Incidentally, I don't know if I mentioned it then, but I keep the appendixes for thirty days in case the customer decides they are not happy being appendixless, so if you want it back and it was less then thirty days...
I don't really refrigerate them either...
So...
I hear you are into radios...
I had a radio once...
It was very staticky, so I threw it out the window.
Sorry if you were that guy it hit.
It was a long time ago and I hope the injury has healed completely and the amnesia has cleared up.
If it hasn't you probably won't remember, so I guess that's a moot point.
Actually, I noticed you wrote "Amateur Radio Operator"...
I'm guessing that's like Ham Radio or you are really not that great at operating a radio yet.
It's okay if you are not...
I wasn't either, which is why I threw mine out the window.
Well, honestly it was because I bought it at Radio Shack and I told the guy I wanted a Ham Radio.
When I got it home, it tasted nothing like ham and it wouldn't play music and after I got shocked biting the cord, I got frustrated and threw it out the window and it landed on some guy named Mark or Matthew... Or maybe it was Mel...
It was some name starting with an M...
Maybe Stanley...
Probably Stanley.
I hope that wasn't you and the amnesia made you change your name to Matthew.
Not that there is anything wrong with Matthew...
It's a fine name.
It just reminds me of turtles.
Turtles are okay... If you like taking really slow walks.
It's really hard to get the leash on them because they keep going inside their shell...
Takes forever... But I guess if you have the patience to walk them, it's not a deal breaker.
But anyway, Matthew is a great name...
Did you know that Matthew is the English version of Matthaios, which was a Greek form of the Hebrew name Mattityahu meaning "gift of Yahweh" and was derived from the ancient Sumerian name Mattitthandros which means "King of Turtles".
Or "Slayer of Turtles"...
My ancient Sumerian is really bad.
Matthew also called himself Levi and was one of the twelve opossums.
He was also a tax collector, maker of really fashionable jeans and supposedly the author of the first gospel in the New and Improved Testament.
Don't quote any of that at a party or they will think you are an alcoholic.
I get that a lot.
I also drink a lot at parties... So there's that...
But anyway, Matthew is a fine name.
It could be worse... Your parents could have named you "Victor"...
That's my name...
I think it means "Cheats at Monopoly" or "Throws Turtles"...
It depends on how you use it...
You never see anyone in real life named Victor...
In movies the bad guys are often named "Victor".
They are usually a Russian hitman or mad German scientist...
Like Doctor Victor Von Doom...
I'm kinda mad... But not a real scientist.
I do mad scienceie kinda things, but just for fun and maybe to rule the world.
But mostly in a kindly sort of despotic way.
Anyway... I should keep this short... I don't want to make this as long as my other greetings.
If you should feel any disorientation or nausea or intermittent flatulance after reading this, do not worry about it...
About 19% of the people who read stuff I write, that do not directly die from it, experience that reaction.
If you are taking other people's prescription medications while reading this be warned that certain sentences will cause a reaction to Simethicone and Crystal Meth...
I don't know what those reactions are in humans, since I've only tested it on Penguins...
But you should see those little buggers go... They get horrible diarrhea, but they are running all over like mad.
So just be careful of what sentences you read on a balcony or while sitting on a white sofa.
Just saying...
My writing has never really killed anyone except for they guy who was reading an article of mine at the edge of a volcano and that was really more his fault for wearing roller skates.
Anyway...
Have a great day Matthew with no known last name.
And I hope you don't mind me keeping this brief.
Cheers!

Last edited:

McGyver

Energetic
Turnip Loafers Dancing Rodents?
Ok... I can definitely get mice to dance... What size must the turnip loafers be?
Also please specify if the sizes are men's or women's and U.S. or European.
Larger size may require using two turnips per shoe.
Till then... Chinchilla Skateboard Pancreas Sombrero.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Nope, stands for "Too Long; Didn't Read." I just learned that recently.

I also learned that apotheosis is the opposite of nadir. Go figure. It's neither here nor there, I just thought it was interesting.

McGyver

Energetic
So no turnip loafers?
What the hell am going to do with 300 turnips?
Damn it... Looks like turnip borscht for the next six months again...
This keeps happening.