• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hello All

frogimus

Adventurous
Finally decided to make an account here and am getting ready to grab DawnSE. Love the renders I've seen of her and I'm expecting to see a lot of characters and morphs for her.

Just got Poser 11 and am getting used to the differences between it and D|S. I had P10 but kept blowing it up with too much stuff. Thankfully, Poser now has 64 without a Pro pricetag.

So, yadda yadda, rambled too much already. I'm usually quiet so I may not post here much. Or people may draw me out and I'll post a lot. Who knows?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Ha - you think THAT'S rambling??? Can I introduce you to McGyver? :p

Welcome!! You'll like Poser, I think. Both programs have their pros and cons but it's nice to have options.

Post as much or as little as you like - but we sure hope you'll feel comfortable enough to post a lot ;)

Meanwhile, grab some cookies, take a seat on the cushions, and relax!! Lots to see and do 'round here!

frogimus

Adventurous
Heh, I've already seen a bit of McGyver at Daz. Good enough fella. Well I assume "fella", but could be wrong. Myself, I'm a guy. Tshirt and jeans, bearded and bald, cantankerous and a bit crazed.

Still looking around, observing the neighbors here. Friendly and mellow bunch. I like it.

Poser's great. Takes a bit to get used to the different workflow, but I think I like the output a lot better. I'm more into non-realistic work and the P11 renders come out more to my liking after I pass them through my post process.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Welcome to the Hive, frogimus, we're a good natured bunch here, enthusiastic and encouraging so grab DawnSE, have fun with Poser, and we look forward to seeing your renders :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the Hive frogimus from me too. Yes McGyver is a guy, and his posts here usually put a smile on everyone's face.

You sound like someone who'll fit in with this crowd easily, so pull up a chair and join in the fun. ;)

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yep. We love McG. He's definitely rambling...and hysterically funny. I always have to be sure I'm not drinking anything when I read his posts...;)

Very friendly group, for sure. Hope you'll share some renders - the It's About The Art forum has various threads already going and you can join in and/or start your own if you like ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yep. We love McG. He's definitely rambling...and hysterically funny. I always have to be sure I'm not drinking anything when I read his posts...;)
You and me both. I can't count how many times I've had to clean up the monitor if I happened to be drinking something while reading one of his posts. Of course, I've pretty much learned my lesson and usually put down everything I'm holding when I start reading one of his hysterical posts.

frogimus

Adventurous
What? I don't ramble... It's called parabolic hypermetaphorism... I just made that up... It's rambling.

Welcome to HiveWire Frogimus!
'Ello, McGyver. Thanks for recommending this place to me.

I'm sure I'll be picking everyone's brains when I run into things I can't get around. I'm a learn by doing sort of person, so I'll make a lot of use of the search box first.

Very friendly group, for sure. Hope you'll share some renders - the It's About The Art forum has various threads already going and you can join in and/or start your own if you like ;)

Umm, what? "Share", you say? Well, okay but don't expect much. Van Gogh, I'm not. More like a drunk Andy Warhol with fingerpaints...

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Welcome to the Hive frogimus...very friendly helpful people here with a huge amount of knowledge only too willing to give you any help that is needed...

frogimus

Adventurous
That's OK. None of us are Van Goghs. The more you practice, the better you'll get. :)

Not sure how much I'll practice. 3D isn't my primary hobby. It's more to give my eyes a break from painting these...

This guy is 32mm tall

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh, that's so cool!

LOL McG. But.... TWO one line-ish posts???? You feelin' ok? :p

I don't have very many people's posts that I read to my hubby to make HIM laugh, but many of McGs, I do...;)

Anyway, if you pick my brains, PLEASE return them to where you found them....I don't have enough left to lose permanently ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
Welcome to forum frogimus, I hope you like it. I fell in here sometime last year as the forum I used to use was not as lively or as informative as it once was. I immediately felt at home although I not that used to informative people who are not only willing, but keen to help. It is certainly the place to come to to find some stunning Dawn renders and some wonderful images of the rest of the Hivewire family.

I hope you have fun and stay around for a good while.

frogimus

Adventurous
Welcome to forum frogimus, I hope you like it. I fell in here sometime last year as the forum I used to use was not as lively or as informative as it once was. I immediately felt at home although I not that used to informative people who are not only willing, but keen to help. It is certainly the place to come to to find some stunning Dawn renders and some wonderful images of the rest of the Hivewire family.

I hope you have fun and stay around for a good while.

Another familiar name. I've seen your posts on another site (Rendo), but I really only just lurk there. Thanks for the welcome!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Hello frog...may I call you that? I have trouble typing too much with my joints... always looking to shorten (and also therefore remember better too) names....

We are a FRIENDLY WARM bunch for sure! :)

I take it those are statues in real life... do you model them, or just add the fantastic paint work?

Pretty cool!

frogimus

Adventurous
Hello frog...may I call you that? I have trouble typing too much with my joints... always looking to shorten (and also therefore remember better too) names....

We are a FRIENDLY WARM bunch for sure! :)

I take it those are statues in real life... do you model them, or just add the fantastic paint work?

Pretty cool!

"frog" is quite fine :)

Those are pewter gaming miniatures. The same as the lead or tin soldiers that kids had in the 1800's, but now "big kids" have wars with them. I don't game much since I live about 45 minutes from the nearest gaming store. And even if I had a place closer, I tend to avoid groups.

Painting (and 3D posing) are ways to force myself into doing things that are more organic/disordered.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome to the Hive frogimus! I've seen your posts over at Daz so I feel like I know you already.
Not sure how much I'll practice. 3D isn't my primary hobby. It's more to give my eyes a break from painting these...
This guy is 32mm tall

"frog" is quite fine :)

Those are pewter gaming miniatures. The same as the lead or tin soldiers that kids had in the 1800's, but now "big kids" have wars with them. I don't game much since I live about 45 minutes from the nearest gaming store. And even if I had a place closer, I tend to avoid groups.

Painting (and 3D posing) are ways to force myself into doing things that are more organic/disordered.

Do you collect any particular collection of these? I had some Lord of the Rings ones that I bought but never got around to painting...I did buy the paint and undercoat but never got passed the undercoat...I was hoping to get my Grandson involved but he never seems to have the time...so I suppose I'll do it one day...might need to pick you brains about the best way to do them. Sorry for the rambling I'm brain dead...first day back at work after being sick last week.

frogimus

Adventurous
I don't really intend to use them in games so I'm pretty free to paint the ones that interest me. Since you have LotR figures, I would guess they are Games Workshop. I'll be happy to help you when you decide to try them out.