• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Heads up

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's a pretty good price. I haven't tried Quixel, so not familiar with it. Uh oh, I just noticed you need Photoshop C3 or above. Guess that leaves me out, as I never upgraded past CS2.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
If you are going to use Quixel from Zbrush there is a plug in to help you create the colour maps. I have it pinned on pinterest. I'll see if I can find it for you. IIRC it's on Gumroad.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Cool, thanks. I was in touch with Quixel via their support portal on Facebook and they mentioned they do not currently have a way to work over the seams as I was describing so now I'm delving into 3DCoat. I can't figure out their brush system. I loaded in the Bruno No Eyebrows map to try to use that as a source to blend out the map between the head and the neck and top of the head seams but nothing happens so I may have to ask on their forums.

PS.. what's a Gumroad?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, I discovered that site recently when downloading a bunch of HDRI files. Don't know much about them, but I suspect it's a where you can upload a lot of files for folks to download, rather than having them download on your own site, and therefore, easing up the download maximum some web hosts put on their user's accounts.

There could also be other reasons to use them, but have only been there once, so not sure what else they offer.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yes, just got a holiday notice for interior HDR's from Gumroad. I guess I do know about them after all! lmao

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Gumroad is a store has lots of items but it also has a lot of zbrush stuff even freebies.

Ram...if you're looking to texture over seams why don't you use polypaint or spotlight in Zbrush?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I HATE Spotlight in ZBrush. It's just so clumsy. I'm hoping they make some improvements to the work flow in ZB 5. When ever that will be! lol I'm investigating 3DCoat. Watched some tutorials but still not making allot of sense to me why my brush wasn't functioning. No one on their forums are forthcoming with ideas of what to try. Just one guy suggested the clone tool. What I want to do is use my own texture map to fix the seams around the face and top of the head. *sigh* ... back to studying and digging for info.