• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Has anyone done a no-antler morph for the buck?

Minyassa

Enthusiast
I suck at using the morph tool in Poser so I thought I'd check first before I mess with that. I got all excited to make a deer family, thinking it would be no big deal to make a doe out of the buck with body shaping morphs, only to find out that the antler sockets on the head have no morph to get rid of them. Really disappointed to have to wait for a doe morph to be released to do a full herd, so hoping maybe there's a way to just get rid of that shape.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hmmm ... I see your point ........ not sure I haven't played around with the scaling that much. The head is morphed off the horse so you might possibly be able to do some morphing using those with the forehead other than that all I know is to take it into zbrush or other morphing software and go from there. I know a family is coming at some point just that Dawn 2.0 is taking priority currently.
AR1.jpg

I cheated and used Silverkey's fawn for the fawn and the fallow Deer.

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
You can get some help dialing out the buck morph more and making it more horse, but ........ it's a stretch for the deer in that aspect. Flat forehead does not help either. Try this as a starting point maybe I only fiddled with it for a few minutes the more you dial out the deer morph the more it looks like the horse so you have to compensate as per scaling on different areas. Also I have no clue what horse breeds you have so it may not work as I think I might have dialed in the unicorn.
Ahh forgot to ask if it's Daz or Poser ! This is a Daz Morph.
Dropbox - Doe Morph.duf.png - Simplify your life

Minyassa

Enthusiast
I've got Poser, and I suppose I will try to play with it in Silo, but I've not had it for long so I'm still in the first stages of learning how to use it. By the time I get any good at it they may have already released the doe and fawn. Oh well. Thank you for your effort!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I've got Poser, and I suppose I will try to play with it in Silo, but I've not had it for long so I'm still in the first stages of learning how to use it. By the time I get any good at it they may have already released the doe and fawn. Oh well. Thank you for your effort!
You're welcome.......... you can download Daz and install the deer morph it and extract it as a .cr2 and render in Poser. Alot of work but I do know some people who try it. Sorry ....... I don't do well with Poser injects. Good luck on your endeavor!

Last edited: