• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Harry has no armor

quietrob

Extraordinary
Is it true? The vanguard of the Hivewire Animal family has no armor to go into battle? Anyway, if anyone knows where I can get some good horse armor cheap, please respond here. Thanks.

quietrob

Extraordinary
It goes on my list! I'm pretty cheap so the next sale I'll get it.

Memorial Day is coming up here in the USA. Perhaps The Hive will have a sale then.

Thanks for the link, Tparo.

Of course some content creator could come up with armor for the world's most realistic horse. Don't make me go to those other guys.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Lyrra did a conversion set for Harry, its a wee bit fissly but does work quite well.
Tack Conversion Kit for HiveWire Horse - A LyrraMadril Creation at HiveWire 3D

Since the Armour and tack is all made for the Mil Horse, Mil Horse 2, Poser 4 Horse and Charger horse and only made compatible to fit Harry through magnets and conformers, that means the Daz tack and Armour would be deleted from the store as well until someone models another set specifically for Harry? If that's the case, there won't be a need for magnets and deformers if I understand. since it will be custom made for Harry and his breeds.
The description says "Poser 4 Horse (included with Poser), Millennium Horse, Charger Horse, or DAZ Horse 2 (all from DAZ 3D) to the HiveWire Horse"

I'm just curious since something like this seems to effect one of our major animals.

Last edited:

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
one of the problems when items in a store are linked to other items and deleted. they either mess up the sales of linked items or languish unused or as was my case stuck with a conversion product that required a product sold then removed when the artist moved on and I was clueless of it until I tried using the conversion stuff and realized I was stuck with something I spent money on and could not use. never did get my money back for it either.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
one of the problems when items in a store are linked to other items and deleted. they either mess up the sales of linked items or languish unused or as was my case stuck with a conversion product that required a product sold then removed when the artist moved on and I was clueless of it until I tried using the conversion stuff and realized I was stuck with something I spent money on and could not use. never did get my money back for it either.
Yep, been there once. Not a happy camper.

quietrob

Extraordinary
It's true. If I were to get the armor converter and DAZ decided to discontinue the armor, It would be a waste and such a thing as happened to me before when I learned that textures is not clothing. I was still an egg, of course.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Anything for horses currently in store are for Harry so I don't see anything going away from the store (of course any vendor can pull a product if they want, I don't see HW pulling any of there's).

The Tack conversion kit will work to fit any of the tack/products for the horses mentions to Harry so that product will stay.
It was made to extend what Harry can wear.
Yes it will suck if/when those products are unavailable but someone just made something new for the DH2 in the last month or so, they just need vendors to want to make things (it hadn't had anything made pretty much since it came out, I know because I've got just about anything horse related available even when I don't use it as I love Harry so much).

I don't see this product as being an expensive purchase considering it converts 4 different model's wearables when most of these types of products do only one.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Sorry I haven't responded to this thread. Extra hours at the job and sleep won out over everything.

I just added the conversion kit to my wishlist and Memorial day is always a good time for a sale.

I am patient and I am cheap.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Armor is on the Big Wish List for Harry, already. Just hasn't been any other takers. Diao's Various armors do fairly well for Harry too, just a little fiddling. They are less "battle-y", though.

quietrob

Extraordinary
@Dakorillon (IMArts) I see what you mean. They are not very battle like at all but I think still a necessary part of any horses wardrobe. I like the rose one and the last one. And no worries about the spelling. Rendo is very unforgiving about such things, yet the terrible google would have fixed it in a snap. By the way, I was thinking Dio not Daio because of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure!