• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

happy new year 2017

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Rick, Happy New Year to you as well. It's been a while, so good to see you here. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I haven't watched "the ball drop" here in NY for years, but usually could hear some of the fireworks in the distance. This year however, I didn't hear any. Oh well. I guess, for me, the New Year started quietly, for a change. ;)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I just found and merged a few New Year threads into one - hope that's ok with everyone - I didn't want any of the wishes to be missed so now there's just one big thread.

Rick!! Been waay too long!! HI!!!!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Terrific to see the images from everyone...and Yay! seeing some posts from Rick...we missed having you around! Hopefully we will see more of you this year!

eclark1894

Visionary
I haven't watched "the ball drop" here in NY for years, but usually could hear some of the fireworks in the distance. This year however, I didn't hear any. Oh well. I guess, for me, the New Year started quietly, for a change. ;)
Haven't been in New York around Christmas since the 80s. That's when I discovered two irrefutable truths of life. New York is cold as **** in December, and women aren't real humans. They can't be because they walk around in miniskirts with exposed skin in that cold. That ain't human!

Also, I don't like being in huge crowds, so Times Square on New Years Eve will never happen for me.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've lived here all my life, and you wouldn't catch me in Times Square on New Year's Eve either.

As far as women in miniskirts, that went out with the 80s, so you won't see that here any more. ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
There are aliens among us, you know. That's how you spot 'em. They're the ones who wear shorts and go for a jog in the snow.

Hornet3d

Wise
Sheesh! ~covers eyes so I don't have to see that again~

It is a sad fact that there is nothing there that cannot be seen every weekend on most cities and major towns in the UK. Many do not need the excuse of New Year to go out with the express intent of drinking themselves to oblivion. I am perfectly willing to accept I have reached the 'grumpy old man' years of my life but I fail to see the attraction of putting yourself, and others, at such risk or anyone's apparent lack of respect for their own body.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well on the basis of better late than never, I add my best wishes to everyone here, and 3D artist everywhere, along with my sincere thanks to the whole Hivewire team for their efforts and for providing this forum.

2017 Portrait.jpg