• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hai Gan's WIP

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Diverted short-term into playing with dynamic cloth. Do people use it much for clothing? Does anyone have any comments on its use in DS (as I am almost entirely a Poser user)? Would people use it for Dusk?

This is what I've been playing with. If I get it to a stage where I'm happy with it, I'll put it up as a freebie.

View attachment 22977
But soft, what light through yonder window breaks?

View attachment 22978

(You can see where the transmap needs adjusting for the lace)​

I WANT!!!! :) Poser only here...

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
That shirt looks great, and I would say is exactly the sort of thing dynamics is made for. I know not everyone likes it, but I tend to love dynamic cloth for many things. I'm just never happy with my ability to pose extra bones on things that hang/drape. For instance, one of the great things about your shirt is the loose sleeves and even if you rigged them so that they could hang loosely, I don't think they'd ever bee quite right. But they drape beautifully.

Yes, I've never been really happy with conforming clothing that OUGHT to drape, fold and flow, although some are better than others. I know some people tried hybrid clothing- conforming where it's close-fitting, dynamic where it's drape-y- but I have no direct experience of it.

I WANT!!!! :) Poser only here...

Poser's easy. Figuring out how to get stuff into a format DS will consider using as dynamic cloth? Not so much! Got to tidy up the material zones/names and neaten that lace edge on the 'Shakespeare shirt', and it may be time to consider releasing it into the wild. Needs pants to go with it though, those aren't nearly ready yet.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Diverted short-term into playing with dynamic cloth. Do people use it much for clothing? Does anyone have any comments on its use in DS (as I am almost entirely a Poser user)? Would people use it for Dusk?

This is what I've been playing with. If I get it to a stage where I'm happy with it, I'll put it up as a freebie.
Fantastic!

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I need a sunhat for a project, and figure I could make it available as a prop once I'm done, if anyone's interested? It fits Diva at the moment. The hair is part of the prop- I think it needs more curls around the forehead, so I'll add those. Plus it needs a cute hat texture, naturally. It also needs a decent texture and transmap for the hair. I'm not good at hair textures (as you can see)! Could anyone help with the hair tex/trans please?

DivaSunhat.jpg

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Yep... I'm really, really bad at hair textures! Works fine for a toon effect, but otherwise? Meh.
Sunhat2.png