• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Guidelines for Submitting Content for Sale at Hivewire 3D

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
I know that there are certain limits on nudity in product images and was wondering if someone on the QA team could look at this video to see if it's still too risque.

The glass block is distorting the nude figure, but is the distortion enough?

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
Well, I haven't heard back yet on the appropriateness of my video in regards to the nudity guidelines for product submissions, but here's a more recent rendered video.

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
I've completely revamped the glass block so I pretty sure how it is now doesn't violate the nudity standards, but I am creating a video that I'd like to use on my product page and, as it stands at this time, there's some back nudity in the first few frames.

I'm making this a link, just to be on the safe side for posting to this forum.

CAUTION: NUDITY

Would this be allowed?

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
The image you linked to (which isn't opening for me now) wouldn't be allowed to be displayed in the store. We also don't allow nudity or direct links to nude images on our forum so we have removed the link from your post. For that image of the guy in the glass block shower you'll need to get more creative on how to show that he is in there without showing his full naked butt. :)

Thanks! :) Looking like a cool product!

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
The second animation is acceptable for the store. The distortion created by the glass block is enough to hide things. Well done.

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
For that image of the guy in the glass block shower you'll need to get more creative on how to show that he is in there
That image was the first frame of the animation. I paid more attention to keeping the cat in-frame than the figure in the shower. It wasn't until I was finished setting up the camera motion that I decided to do render the first frame to find out how long the animation would take to render. That's when I discovered that the figure had their derriere exposed. It had taken me so long to set up the camera movement that I was hoping the exposure would be acceptable.

Ah, well.

Fortunately, when I set up a new path for the camera, it turned out that it took a lot less time than the previous time because I chose a simpler path.

Now the animation has the figure within the bounds of the glass block shower, and therefore distorted, the whole time.

Thanks for letting me know. :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
:) Welcome, P3D :)

Doodle Designs - this is looking lovely - can't wait!

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I've noticed a number of people submitting products who are listing every file and folder in the product in the "Full Description, Features and Files" section of Submissions. This is not needed to create the product pages and is a lot of extra copy and paste on your part :).

What should go in that section is what will end up under "Product Description" on the product pages.

Hope that helps!

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Help on folder structure- complicated help! Related to an earlier question/response about Harry and riding poses but not exactly the same, so I wanted to clarify. I'm creating a set of combined poses for Diva (the Dawn character) and Baby Luna. None of them really make sense on their own, but neither really counts as the 'master' figure (in the way Harry would count when you have someone sitting ON him).

DS:
  • Do I still split the poses so the Diva pose of each pair goes under Dawn and the Luna pose goes under Baby Luna? Or do I just put everything under one figure or the other because they are supposed to go together anyway?
  • The set also includes a new figure which is included in two of the combined poses (giving three figures in total for those two pose arrangements). If Diva's and Luna's poses are split up presumably this then gets its own figure folder with pose subfolder? If the other figures are in together because they are dependent on each other, the third figure poses cold also go in there, but does it need a separate folder anyway as new figure, or can I just drop it into, say, Luna's figure folder as something likely only used with Luna (it's a baby book)?
  • The set of poses is one of a series of sets. Do I nest the poses of each individual set, however arranged by figure, inside a folder that will hold all the series, and do I nest that inside an artist name folder (Poses/Artist Name/Collection Name/Pose Set Name/)?
Poser:
  • How do I Poser this one? Explanations can probably be quicker as I'm far more familiar with Poser.
Thank you!

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
hoo boy.

I'd definitely put them together if they are paired poses. Ummmm, as to where, good question.
You don't want to nest toooo much.

The product you have in QAV right now doesn't have an Artist name folder, and if you feel ok NOT having that, I'd leave that off and just go with the way you did it there...

I'd just try to be consistent with how you do it.

Sorry, gonna have to think on this and get some input maybe from my team...will get back to you

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Ok, here's my thought process.

Some customers LOVE having things sorted by Artist. Some hate it. We don't have a rule here as to it being one or the other.

1-My first suggestion is BE CONSISTENT with your products. Try to be consistent between the DS & Poser versions, if you can, and with other similar products. If you want to use your vendor name as a folder and then the product name folder inside, do it with all of them.

2 We actually have products for Dawn, Dusk & Luna, Dawn & Luna, Dusk & Luna & Dawn & Dusk.

One that's for Dawn&Dusk (from 2 yrs ago) is like this:
\People\Dawn&Dusk\Poses\{product name}
Things weren't consistent in the Poser version of it, which is
\Runtime\Libraries\Pose\{CA name}\{product name}

These days, I'd have changed it to be more consistent between DS & Poser, I'd suggest they do something that's the same in both

The one for Dawn, Dusk & Luna is under Luna because the poses wouldn't make sense without the baby, right? (you could say that the baby poses wouldn't make sense without the adult and say they should be in with Dawn or Dusk, too, I suppose..

My inclination is to say if you are doing poses for Baby Luna and other humans, put them here

\People\BabyLuna\Poses\{Series Name}\{Product Name}\

\Runtime\Libraries\Pose\HiveWire 3D\BabyLuna\Poses\{Series Name}\{Product Name}\

You could add a folder above {Series Name} for {CA Name}, though that's getting a pretty long path, right?

Or you could use the {CA Name} instead of the {Series Name} OR just {Product Name} after \Poses\.

Again, I suggest that you just want to be consistent...which means that the product you have in QAV should also follow that so please email me when you decide how you want them ;).

As for the other figure. This is a book prop, right?

That should go in the proper folder for a prop:

In DS

\Props\{Series Name}\{Product Name}\
\Props\{CA Name}\{Series Name}\{Product Name}\
\Props\{CA Name}\{Product Name}\
\Props\{Product Name}\

In Poser either
Runtime\Libraries\Character\
or
Runtime\Libraries\Prop\

depending on whether it's a cr2 or pp2, and then same as above with the various options for {CA Name},{Series Name} & {Product Name}

Again, I'd be consistent with how you are doing the poses with {CA Name},{Series Name} & {Product Name}.

Does that make sense?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Good suggestions Alisa...

Just a note for people who don't use categories in DS...if the poses are all together in the one spot it makes it very easy to duplicate instances in Categories for the end user.

An example of this is that I would go to the folder where your files are and right click/create category and then I would place it with both figures. That's what I did with the poses mentioned above by Alisa. I have them under Dusk, Dawn and Luna because it references the folder it's not the same as copy the file in windows and takes less resources. The references act like a shortcut link to the actual folder in windows.

Hornet3d

Wise
It almost makes me feel guilty, all that work and effort by the vendor then I unzip into a temp folder and move most of the files into a structure I find makes sense to me.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...that's why I like categories Hornet. It allows me to put everything where it makes sense to me. I can have Poser and DS stuff in the same system also instead of having to try and remember whether it was a Poser or DS product.

Hornet3d

Wise
lol...that's why I like categories Hornet. It allows me to put everything where it makes sense to me. I can have Poser and DS stuff in the same system also instead of having to try and remember whether it was a Poser or DS product.

I struggle enough and I only have to worry about Poser content but then I have been buying for about 17 years now so one single runtime would be massive. I have multiple runtimes based on the figures I use, one for Dawn, Dusk, V4 and so on. When they get to big to manage I break it down further such as a runtime just for Dawn poses, the only thing I have to do is make sure I convert any pose 'materials' to materials so they can stay in the figure runtime.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...I know what you mean. I checked in my Daz Install Manager yesterday and saw I have over 6440 items from Daz, that's not counting all my other content from other sites. More recently I buy more from here and Rendo than Daz for a variety of reasons. I do like Genesis 3 but the characters I find interesting are more often on Rendo then Daz.

I used to have multiple runtimes but since Categories I haven't needed to. The thing I like is that I can have everything for the character in the one place.
So Dawn is Dawn/characters, clothes, poses, hair and all the materials are inside the outfit folders. So much easier than the old days when I had to go to characters get the clothing, then to poses and find the mats etc..