• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Great tragedy in my city

Stezza

Dances with Bees
shocking news... I went into Google Earth's street view to check out the area and boy the concrete in that bridge didn't look to good to me from what could be seen..

so sad for those families and community affected by this tragedy. :(

Hornet3d

Wise
I have been watching this ongoing disaster over the last few days with a mixture of emotions, at first shock quickly followed by tremendous sorrow and true horror. As with all such disasters there are a few people who seemed to have brushed with death but survived but the death toll is frightening. I knew that the Hivewire family were spread across the world but never imagined anyone here would live so close to this disaster even though I knew many here have been threatened with forest fires, floods and really bad weather in the past. I am pleased for those here that live in the city are safe and my sympathies are with you as I know the town will mourn this even for years to come and the loss of the bridge will also impact daily life for so many.

My thoughts and prayers are with all those who live in this city.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
It looks like the loss of that section of bridge will cause traffic problems for the foreseeable future, as a lot of traffic relies on it.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
....I knew that the Hivewire family were spread across the world but never imagined anyone here would live so close to this disaster even though I knew many here have been threatened with forest fires, floods and really bad weather in the past..

More people than we may realise are affected by various kinds of disasters. One of my aunts was in the Stardust fire in Dublin in the 1981. She escaped without a scratch, but almost 50 others died.
My grandad who died about a year ago was delivering goods in Talbot Street in Dublin in 1974 when the UVF came down from Northern Ireland and set off bombs in Dublin and Monaghan, killing 33 people and injuring 300 including Gramps. His van probably shielded him from being killed although his legs were cut by glass and he needed stitches. He was proud of his scars, but OMG did he love to bore us to bits with the story every chance he got. :whistling:

Riccardo

Adventurous
It looks like the loss of that section of bridge will cause traffic problems for the foreseeable future, as a lot of traffic relies on it.
Yes, unluckily traffic passed over and under the bridge, so the problem is not only that the bridge is no more, but also that the debris and the risk of the collapse of other bits of the bridge obstacle and threaten what is below.
Thank yous to @Roberta, and everyone reading here for their concern.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW, that's an amazing amount of work in only 9 months. Here in NY, it would take them twice that long just to plan it.

DanaTA

Distinguished
WOW, that's an amazing amount of work in only 9 months. Here in NY, it would take them twice that long just to plan it.

I think anywhere here in the states, not just NY! After all, look how long the Big Dig took in Boston!

Dana

Riccardo

Adventurous
Actually, it took a couple of years. But if we consider delays due to the lockdown and law requirements (needed to get evidence to find the responsibilities) the building of this new bridge has been unusually fast.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ahhhh, I was watching the months, and I guess didn't notice the difference in years. I should've watched it more carefully. :oops: