• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Great tragedy in my city

Roberta

Eager
this morning (11.40 am) a viaduct collapsed in the west of my city (Genova). A tragedy
During all the day we monitored, through local TV, the news update.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh my goodness, how awful Roberta. Lightning can be devastating, and from what that article is reporting, more of the Viaduct can collapse. Sorry to hear this Roberta, and I hope you and yours are safely away from that area of the city.

Roberta

Eager
Thank you Miss B, the bridge (age 50) had continuous adjustment work. There will be many things to say during the investigation.....

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Oh, how awful. My sympathies. Bridge collapses are always so scary for everyone (even if you don't know one of the victims), especially if its one that you travel on a lot and realize that that could have been the day you were there.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I seen that on the news and then googled up on the history of Genoa. It's a terrible disaster, my sympathies and prayers offered.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I just saw the report on the news here a few minutes ago. Just terrible.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
yes i hear that yesterday! :(
i´m sorry for all the victims and their families ...i hope the people in the hospital will recover soon!
big hugs Roberta!!!

Roberta

Eager
in addition to human losses, a very long period of "loss" of work is expected; it will hit the traffic that link with the container aeroport. In times of great economic crisis this is an even harsher blow...

Miss B

CV-BEE
The New York Times had an article about it today with a video of the actual moment of the collapse, but I didn't watch it.

:grouphug: Good thoughts going out to the city of Genova, as cleaning and repairing this is going to be a huge project going forward.

Roberta

Eager
Today the funeral of State
FB_IMG_1534606459179.jpg