• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Got a Fashion question...

eclark1894

Visionary
Two of them in fact. Are mink coats or stoles still in fashion and do women still wear garters, particularly when they get married?

DanaTA

Distinguished
There's been a big movement against fur the past decade or more, including the "I'd rather go naked" campaign. Faux fur is even not seen that much, from what I've seen out and about.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I haven't worn mine since I retired, though probably a couple of years before that, so yes, a very long time.

I never heard of the "I'd rather go naked" campaign, but I know there were a lot of folks complaining about the killing of the animals to get the fur, so that's why wearing furs became a thing of the past.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yah fur not at all PC to wear.

Garters? I wore one at my wedding but that was 1981. Dunno about anymore.

eclark1894

Visionary
Hmm, disappointing news to hear as I was giving both garments consideration for something to try in Blender. The coat and stole idea I had a few years ago when Cliff Bowman was tinkering with the Hair in Poser thing. The garter is more recent.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Earl, just because fur isn't an "in thing" in real life anymore, that doesn't mean folks wouldn't use it in 3D renders.

Oh, and in Blender, you could always do an animal with furry hair. In an online course I've been attending for several years, a good many of the folks on their forum have done a class project of a rabbit, and they have furry coats. Or possibly a teddy bear? I'd like to try the hair particle system in Blender one of these days.

eclark1894

Visionary
Actually, I just didn't want to start another thread, so thought I'd revive this one. But does anyone remember what the rule is on making Poser replicas of Military or Police uniforms???? I seem to remember, barely, that they can't be exact copies.
1648821728854.png

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Actually, I just didn't want to start another thread, so thought I'd revive this one. But does anyone remember what the rule is on making Poser replicas of Military or Police uniforms???? I seem to remember, barely, that they can't be exact copies.
View attachment 73360
I think that is with any item that is "trademarked/copyrighted". That is why there are "Furraries" that look close to an other car whose name sounds like that. I think that replicas of historical uniforms would likely be okay, but not current ones. But I'm not a lawyer and I don't even play one on TV.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Do women still wear slips and underskirts???
depends on the age of the woman, and the thinness of the skirt, from what I've seen. But, mostly for casual dress, not many wear slips.
For underskirts, they would likely wear a lined skirt, but not a separate underskirt.
Now, someone doing garb or cosplay/costuming would wear the proper layers for their outfit.

At least that has been my observations. Most don't wear pantyhose anymore either, unless they are older.

OR

If you are looking more at lingiere which I cannot spell today! there does still seem to be more hosen and such still worn there.

eclark1894

Visionary
depends on the age of the woman, and the thinness of the skirt, from what I've seen. But, mostly for casual dress, not many wear slips.
For underskirts, they would likely wear a lined skirt, but not a separate underskirt.
Now, someone doing garb or cosplay/costuming would wear the proper layers for their outfit.

At least that has been my observations. Most don't wear pantyhose anymore either, unless they are older.
Are you saying that women don't wear hosiery of any kind or just pantyhose?

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Socks....sometimes kneehighs under pants....Tights have taken up a lot of the things that hosiery used to.
I know they still advertise it....but it seems to be mostly for the bedroom?

And maybe I'm just way off base? But, I really haven't seen any "peeking out" from under clothing in a long time, where it used to be fairly frequent.

Now with pumps, you sometimes see the little "footy" nylon thingy, or even "toe" thingy with open-backed shoes. But, after self-tanner got real popular, bare legs were the norm.

And slips? I couldn't even tell you where to buy one.