• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Glitterati WIP for Dawn

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Even that isn't going to help much because the morphs are so unique to this hat "fit." A hat morph is not likely to morph the hair the way this hat fits - you're more likely to see a morph for a hat like the Cowboy hat which sits on the top of the head and not "around" the head like this helmet does.
Very true Traci, but as Lyne said, let the end user worry about it. You can't give end users every possible morph for the hat so they could use whatever hair they want. Hair products are so different, there's no way to know for sure what will work well, and what won't. I think you're trying to do the impossible.

The only thing I can think of, and at this point I'm not sure you'd want to deal with it, but actually modelling some hair bits at the neckline and across the top in front as part of the hat, is the only way you can be sure folks won't need to worry about what hair to use. Years ago there was a product like that, I think for V3, IIRC that had that.

OK, I just checked, and I was wrong, the hair was separate, but made to fit under hats from another product ... just the hats. Not sure why I thought they were one piece.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Awww, Traci... really, I'd just let folks work out the hair issue for themselves, instead of driving yourself crazy..... Your outfit looks so great to me. Hugs!

Thank you, Lyne! I think I got it though.

I decided I would do a helmet with some morphs for hair and one that loads the helmet and hair together (a bun).

I've got it modeled and rigged, just some texturing to figure out.

I have to say, Littlefox tutorials, no matter the age, really relay a lot of information.

Eq Helmet & Hair.jpg