• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Garabaldi hair/fur plugin

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Yes I much prefer it in some ways to LAMH, I find it a lot easier to use, but LAMH has a great deal more support from the creator and can easily be used in Iray, unfortunately I really struggle with creating anything with it whereas I find Garibaldi pretty straightforward for creation.

pRabbit

I prefer it in some ways to LAMH, mostly because it appears to be more stable - loading a LAMH preset into the scene and posing around the figure will eventually lead to a DAZ Studio crash on my side (which got better since upgrading to 16 GB RAM) or the hair to suddenly be all messed up. Downside: there's next to no documentation, except the basics and as well next to no support from third party side. It's all LAMH nowadays. Generally I'd be happy if DAZ would port the hair system of Carrara over to Studio, especially since Carrara seems to be discontinued, kind of. Also, IRay support, but hair seems to be a problem with raytracers in general. Am I ranting? I'm probably ranting ... sorry for ranting.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have it, been trying to go through videos on how to use it. Have LAMH, and there is good customer support, but not many videos, yet that I have found. It looks really good from the documentation!...

Szark

Awesome
yeah it works well, don't have LAMH so I cannot compare. This was done in Iray. Hair was OBJ level 4 exported and them imported back in to an Iray scene