• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Free Photoshop resources????

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I am looking for free Photoshop resources that can be used in making commercial 3d content. I do not want stuff I cannot use commercially or have too many restrictions. Do these exist?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You might try searching on ShareCG, as their content is free. I'm not sure if they have any Photoshop resources, but they might. Other than that, a Google search for "free Photoshop resources" might help.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
If you are looking for tiles and such and brushes/styles you might check out renderosity's free zone.
Freestuff | Renderosity many items listed there are for personal and commercial use.
brushes and stock images
Obsidian Dawn Resources - Photoshop & GIMP Brushes, Tutorials, Images, Patterns, and more!
Commercial licenses are $3.00 for brush packs and $1.00 for stock images. Not totally free, but a fair deal and she's got some good stuff for textures and eye brushes and tutorials.
Another option might be to check out Advanced Photoshop and Photoshop Creative website. It's a magazine produced in the UK and this is a link to their resource section.
Resources | Advanced Photoshop - Free Photoshop Tutorials & Online Resources | Advanced PhotoShop Magazine - not sure but some of them may be free for commercial use they also offer tutorials.

Also Creative market if you sign up to get their news letters you get six free items every week. Usually fonts, web templates and mock ups, seamless tiles, brushes, textures, and styles. You also get a standard licence (this includes 1 commercial project with up to 500 sales) with the products and if they are updated you get the links to the updates as well.
https://creativemarket.com/free-goods

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh thanks for the reminder NA, as your mentioning Obsidian Dawn reminded that deviantArt has a lot of 2D graphic artists on it, and there's quite a bit of free resources there as well.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Oh thanks for the reminder NA, as your mentioning Obsidian Dawn reminded that deviantArt has a lot of 2D graphic artists on it, and there's quite a bit of free resources there as well.

But, one should check the license for those resources before using them in something that will be distributed to others.

Just me covering all the bases........:)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've spent SO much money at Creative!

Well, nothing compared to what I've spent on 3D stuff, but I have bought a few fonts and some logo packs and a bunch of watercolor packs.

I'm still looking for the perfect font for Sweete Brythe, It Be Reyn, and Flyte :p

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I've spent SO much money at Creative!

Well, nothing compared to what I've spent on 3D stuff, but I have bought a few fonts and some logo packs and a bunch of watercolor packs.

I'm still looking for the perfect font for Sweete Brythe, It Be Reyn, and Flyte :p
Creative market dot com I assume as creative dot com has nothing to do with Photoshop :alien:. Oops I mean :whistling:

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I am getting back into doing texturing but on an old computer. So hopefully looking through this thread will help get some free resources.
Some questions. Having multiple brush sets, will that slow down Photoshop or would it just take up hard drive space only?
For texturing stuff and testing it in Poser, which file format should I save to, PSD or other? Need to keep file size down for memory purposes and harddrive reasons.