• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do
fiery ghost for Harry (Superfly)

fiery ghost for Harry (Superfly) 2016-03-27

No permission to download

seachnasaigh

Energetic
seachnasaigh submitted a new resource:

fiery ghost for Harry (Superfly) - light-casting refractive ghost Superfly MAT for Harry the horse and Angelyna wings

mc6 to make Harry the horse a fiery refractive ghost which actively casts light when rendered with the Superfly render engine.
Also, mt5 for Harry's fetlocks, mane, and tail.
Plus, an mc6 for Sharkey's Angelyna wings.

Render in Superfly.
Recommended settings: Mesh Light Samples 7, with overall Pixel Samples set to 70, using Progressive...

Read more about this resource...

Ms Ivy

Thanks for the invite seachnasaigh to help you explains making this work in Daz Studio..
I would have posted this perst as a freebie . but depending on how people have their runs times set up it make not have worked because you do need to have the original fiery ghost for Harry (Superfly) for it to work.

For anyone interested in how to make this work for Daz Studio Iray 4.8 or new versions.follow the directiosn below.
first select your horse character . I used the Daz Mill Horse. then I applied first the Daz default uber Iray mat to the Mill Morse.
Next after uber iray mats applied. under the surface tabs manually place or set either one of fiery ghost for Harry (Superfly) for the defused textures,
scroll down to the emission settings and place the fire texture for the emission color.
scroll down to where you see the lume's settings and turn up the lume's to around 500 as a starting point. when you render in Iray it will appear that the horse is on fire.
when I was happy with the results I saved it as a Mat Iray preset. for later use.

I placed a couple screen shot of the surface tabs settings. Remember I have a super fast computer so it took less than a minute to render this using the defaults.
Make sure your save as a preset when your done for later use... I hope this helps someone.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So this is amazing. Wonderful work. I have one question though. When I tried to apply it to Harry, it asked me to find a blue eye texture by CWRW. It doesn't appear to be one I have, and I was wondering if you knew which material collection it is a part of. This might be the excuse I've needed to get another Harry material set :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks you for this awesome freebie Seachnasaigh! And welcome and thank you for the iray settings Ms Ivy :applause:

Ms Ivy

Thanks guys for the warm welcome and comments.:)
I have actually been a member of hivewire a long time. but this was the first time i ever logged into the forums. maybe why i have a newbee title. one i will wear proudly though at my age newbee is a good thing.. :D