• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Favorite Morphs used for Dawn or Dusk

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Kind of a poll, need to know what morphs you turn to to shape Dusk or Dawn. There are a plethora of morphs for both but most published artists usually have a more streamlined list of what they will include. It's allot of work to create auto follow shapes for clothing so unless you have Poser 11 or DAZ Studio any sort of auto follow isn't going to work out very well unless you have these shapes built in as a hidden attribute.

When creating the Training Gear Outfit for Dawn I about included most of the Hivewire in house shapes, I was working for days and days on that. There almost as many breast shapes as there were full body shapes so you can imagine.

So my question is if you would be so kind as to list your favorite Full body and for Dawn her breast shapes you turn to the most so I can get an idea of what to include it would be very helpful in deciding..

Thanks so much...

Rich

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Just FYI, I use Shoulders Narrow in every render.

I do put all the FBMs and Breast morphs in my stuff even though they do, as you suggest, create a great deal of additional work for us. The only FBMs I tend to leave out are Emaciated, Zombie and the Obese morphs - but as I stated elsewhere that's personal preference based on private issues with those kinds of body shapes.

I can also tell you ahead of time that your short top is going to create some issues with Definition, Voluptuous, Emaciated, Bodysuit and Bulk in Poser because the pelvis/hip are basically ghost bones in that short top and they control those morphs. I had to create each of those morphs by hand in the short top in my overalls set. Just something you might want to consider as you weigh what morphs to include.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Actually the top is a full top with surfaces set up to create a crop top so the main top goes down to the top of the hips I believe. Thanks for the feedback! :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thank you. Yea, all my poses for Dawn didn't reveal any issues on the top when I posed her! :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I would expect to see Willow, Alexis and breast fits as a basic set. Willow because she is quite extreme and also so is Alexis in terms of breast size.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Don't stress...you can't do the ones you don't have. Technically you probably only need to do the ones for the Hivewire morphs as they're the main ones.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
These morphs are exactly one of the reasons why my Superhero for Dawn took so long to come out. Since it has a cowl and 2 masks, there are also the countless expression morphs to add as well. But it can't be helped - it has to be done... :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I know, I'm dreading that part Ken. I have some morphs built into the Supersuit but still have to do gloves, boots, masks and get the cape working properly! *groan*

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That's because conforming is way better in DS. In Poser, gloves always need extra joint adjustment. :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, OK. Thanks for the heads up! YIKES. I'll have to see how that goes when I get them CR2's exported out. With all the automated rigging fixes in Poser now wondering if it will be that much of a hassle. :eek:

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I just did a fingerless glove in P11 and it was pretty painless. But, I'm guessing it's all those finger joints that create the problems, so my experience probably doesn't count.

I know socks for Baby Luna in PP14 were tough - one toe weight map would intrude on the toe you just fixed, so it was nearly impossible to get all those weight maps aligned. Not fun.

I ended up just creating a pose file to hide the toes.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
What are the morph packages? I know there are the basics for each of the HW family, but, beyond that, which ones are REALLY needed/useful for advanced morphing work? A lot of things just do seem to stop, often with very short adjustment options. I'm saving pennies for getting the basic morphs, and want to start budgeting for the most useful ones, like creature head morphs (like Genesis/M4/V4 have the Morphs ++, and such that are fairly universal). I'm not as interested in single morph characters, yet. I did the Roderigo set for my birthday. Thank you for your opinions.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The HW morphs are split into sets:

* Base: usually ship with the figure.
* Starter: Over 100 morphs to shape and sculpt Dawn into a variety of different characters.
* Body shapes: This is the one I use the most. It's for customizing body shapes both locally or globally.
* Expressions and visimes: For facial expressions and lip synching.
* Creatures: Like the name says. I don't have these, but I think they are split into body and head sets.

Which ones you need will depend on what you do in your renders. I don't do creatures, so I don't have this last one.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
The HW morphs are split into sets:

* Base: usually ship with the figure.
* Starter: Over 100 morphs to shape and sculpt Dawn into a variety of different characters.
* Body shapes: This is the one I use the most. It's for customizing body shapes both locally or globally.
* Expressions and visimes: For facial expressions and lip synching.
* Creatures: Like the name says. I don't have these, but I think they are split into body and head sets.

Which ones you need will depend on what you do in your renders. I don't do creatures, so I don't have this last one.

Forgot one -

* Head shapes