• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Favorite Artists?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Not sure if this has been posted before but it's an interesting topic. Who's your favorite artist?

Mine is Arthur Rackham from the Golden Age of Illustration. I find all of his art so magical.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I like several artists in varying styles, but my all-time favorite is Art Nouveau artist Alphonse Mucha. I have 6 or 7 of his prints in a grouping on one of my walls.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, he had a unique style.

I checked out Arthur Rackham, and I like his "interpretations" of stories, movies, and Shakespearean plays. I especially liked his Alice in Wonderland, the one with the cards flying around her. The expression of fright on her face is amazing.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
All-time fav would be Boris Vallejo. And of course his wife Julie Bell (since sometimes they work on the same piece and can be hard to tell who's who). I also like Luis Royo.

I do love Mucha too (one of the Dawn pix in my gallery was inspired by my fav illustration of his).

I like a lot of the old Masters but not really anyone in particular.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I also like Boris Vallejo and his wife Julie, and also some of Frank Frazetta's work. Then, of course, there's M.C. Escher, who's artwork usually has me staring at it while trying to figure out how he did it. ;)

There's just something about Alphonse Mucha's work that stands out for me. Not sure if it's because a good many of his illustrations were about women, and a good many of them were for commercials of products that were popular in Prague back in the day.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I knew I run into some cool new artists by starting this thread. Thank you for mentioning Boris!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
My favorite artists are Van G0gh, John Singer Sargent and DJ Hall. You'll clearly see all three of those artists influences in my paintings.

"Triple Word Score" (40"x 50", oil on canvas) by Ken Gilliland

I do like Rackham's illustrations of the Ring

Last edited:

Hornet3d

Wise
Yes, I also like Boris Vallejo and his wife Julie, and also some of Frank Frazetta's work. Then, of course, there's M.C. Escher, who's artwork usually has me staring at it while trying to figure out how he did it. ;)

There's just something about Alphonse Mucha's work that stands out for me. Not sure if it's because a good many of his illustrations were about women, and a good many of them were for commercials of products that were popular in Prague back in the day.

Boris, Julie and Frank would be high up on my list as well and would also include Fred Gambino and Jim Burns.

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Pierre Bonnard is my all time favorite-he is known for never being quite done with a painting. He was known to sneak into the Louvre and add just a touch of vermillion or cobalt to one or more of his paintings. John Singer sargent for his luminous skins. Bonnard's works are best seen in person-
528eb9fb6e408.jpg