• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

[FAQ] SuperFly and smoothing

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Reposting some of my findings from SM forum.
Main: SuperFly has polygons smoothing, but it works differently from FireFly.
  1. SF does not look at the "Smooth polygons" property. SF does not have "Smooth polygons" option in the Render Settings. SF always does smoothing.
  2. SF looks at the "Crease angle" property and smoothes accordingly. Zero means no smoothing.
  3. It is true for the props or figures with the Traditional skinning method. Only!
  4. If you set "Unimesh method" for the figure, all figure polygons will be smoothed. As far as I understand, with default Crease angle = 80. Individual settings for the body parts will stop affect smoothing.
  5. If you want to change it, you should set "Subdivide separately from figure" checkbox for every body part you want to change, even if you don't subdivide at all, and set desired Crease angle. Again, for every body part.
  6. I couldn't get stable results with the smoothing groups created via Group Editor.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Just read your post on the SM Poser forum a little while ago, so glad you reposted it here as well. :)

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Select a body part or a prop - Parameters dials window - Properties tab.
Crease Angle can be mass set with Scene Toy Pro script.