• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Faery_Light's Dawn 2 products

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here's a sneak peek at the texture I'm worki9ng on for her.
Rendered in Daz Studio Iray.
elise-002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm having issues with Poser rendering the new Dawn 2 set.
I've checked each map separately with renders, color map, no seams, bump...no seams, specu;ar...no seams, but when I add all together and add a SF setup, there is a sem on the leg where it meets the body.
Maybe it is my SF node setup.
It has no issues in Ds at all.

Attachments

• seam issue.png
    seam issue.png
    233.4 KB · Views: 121

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This is what I'm working on for her.
I have the Poser morph finished but having a hard time getting it in DS...lol.
My brain gets foggy and that fog is thick.
The morph is a face only and created fully in Poser with the morph brush.
Skins are created by me using a base painted in Substance Painter and added some photo references from 3d.sk.
It is not a quality render because my computer is cranky.

Attachments

• elise-003.jpg
    elise-003.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 134

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Working on a set for Dawn2 and can't get the mats right for a dress.
I want a transparency that will change the lace settings to solid but the neck comes out black instead of allowing the dress texture to show.
Any idea how to do this?

Poser, not DS.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I feel I should know this...it's right at the edge of my consciousness, but I have been unable to do much in Poser for so long I am rusty. I want to say it might by diffuse texture related?

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I put a lot of thought into this - I couldn't really test anything because I do not have a working install of Poser right now, but I might have some ideas.
With the Mat file you are using, is it a full material set with all of the other texture channels and data? If it is meant to just change the transparency setting, I would suggest making sure it only has that in the file so it is not over-writing the other channels. As I recall, for some of my custome color-changers and glow addition materials I had to open the files in Notepad++ and delete everything except what I needed the file to set or change. That or I needed to save an entire complete MATpose/MC6 for the texture with all of the other settings how I needed them (which if I wanted multiple variants meant multiple new files for just adding or changing detail).

I am not sure if this is the problem you are having. If superfly I would be no help as I have not and do not use it. If firefly, I might be able to figure out what's happening by looking at so,e before/after screenshots of the Mat, and possibly looking at the MAT file in notepad++ (though I am rusty)