• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Faery_Light Logo WIP

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This is where I will show my efforts on creating my logos.
There will be images of them, feel free to comment and critiques. :)
The first on is using Dawn, a star and lantern objects from archive.net, and scepter from Renderosity by Jenay.

FL-Logo2b .png

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I wonder how big I should do final renders for the texture maps, maybe 512x512?
I may do a banner type later. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I usually do large UV Maps, but I certainly don't think I've seen any smaller than 1024x1024.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oh, this is not a UV map, it is a png for the logo that goes onto the final texture map or onto my renders.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhhhh, sorry I misunderstood. In that case, 512x512 might be good. You'll have to test it out and see how it goes. You might actually want it in various sizes depending the space you'll have available for placing it on a render or UV Map, as that's what I've done with my Poser, DS, and SuperFly logos, because some images I put them on can't handle them in full size.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I render at various sizes and a slightly higher doing.
When you need to shrink an image it helps.
It would be better if I could get the newest Photoshop subscription.
It has tools that let you adjust sizes without loss of quality.