• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Edwardian.Victorian clothing for younger people.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I'm trying to find a source of good quality clothing items for Edwardian/Victorian young misses, i.e. late preteen/early teens. What I have in mind are the costumes worn by Jenny Agutter in the original Railway Children film. There used to be quite a lot of items around for V4, etc which have grown less and less until it's reached a point where vendors seem to have forgotten we actually have a hostory. If anyone is aware of any vendor producing such items please let me know. I have work in mind but no way of realising my visions. HELP!

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
You didn't say for which figure, but these are for The Kids 4. Maybe some of them will be of help:

Vintage Girl by esha at DAZ
Regency Girl for Kids 4 by Ravenhair at DAZ & there are more textures in Little Girls of Yesteryear by LaurieS at DAZ
plus
Rosemary's Gown by RPublishung and Rhiannon at Renderosity

Good luck!

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I am unfamiliar with the film, but most of the outfits I have that might have fit Victorian kitbashing are long since discontinued.
Judging by what Google images pulls up, perhaps you could retexture this:
Forbidden - Victorian Innocence Bundle 3D Figure Assets 3D Models kaleya
ParrotDolphin has some great meterial sets for retexturing fabrics.
parrotdolphin's Store on Renderosity

This might work in a victorian setting with different textures:
Pretty Dress Conforming version 3D Figure Assets Tipol

Again, might wok with retexturing, though I do not use dynamics myself
FRQ Dynamics: Vintage Layered Dress 2.0 3D Figure Assets La Femme - LHomme Poser Figures Frequency3D

You could always try collecting a few Victorian/Steampunk Sets and kitbashing something together.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Oops! My bad. I should have said all the clothes are for Daz G8, 8.1 and 9. I actually have Vintage Girl, Regency Girl, Rosemary's Gown and FRQ Dynamics Vintage Layered Dress (One I would dearly love to see recreated for Daz) in my old Poser database. Wherein lies the problem. Mostly, the problem is one of length. LIke clothing up to the mid-60's, kids clothes were a miniature version of their parents except for length. Edwardian/Victorian kids clothing were very similar and tended to end around mid-calf. Unfortunately, thats a morph most venders don't bother with. If they did, all my problems would be over. Provided that some venders remembered females wear more than bikini's and skimpy underwear as well would help too! I'm beginning to get the horrible feeling that commissions are looming in the future! Back to the drawing board! Many thanks for your help! These are examples from Paul Delvaux (Edwardian) and The Railway Children (Victorian). The smocks over the dress were pretty standard for housewear!
Paul Delvaux crop #1.jpgThe Railway Children.jpg

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I am unable to help in that case, as I do not use those figures or that software.

Though, I though the Genesis figures had options to use clothing from other Daz3D figures? I seem to recall that being a big advertising point at one time.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
That's something I'll have to look into. I know Daz could handle clothing dynamics at one time but I've only just started to find my way around creating new characters through morphing, etc. I think this is going to have to go on hold for a while and keep my fingers crossed for the near future. Meanwhile, thank you for your help. It's given me a few ideas to play with. Respect!

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Wherein lies the problem. Mostly, the problem is one of length. LIke clothing up to the mid-60's, kids clothes were a miniature version of their parents except for length. Edwardian/Victorian kids clothing ... tended to end around mid-calf. Unfortunately, thats a morph most venders don't bother with.
This was gnawing at my ADHD while trying to do some work on projects of my own. Not sure how easy what I am about to propose would be in DS, but in Poser I would create a custom Trans-Map alpha image based off of the templates or textures for the pants to cut them off at or just below the knees. Maybe edit the actual texture a little to add the appearance of a hem at where the new cuff would be. It's not perfect, but when all else fails I resort to cheats like this.
Alternatively, again not sure this is possible in DS, but I have used magnets and the deform tool (not sure if DS has either) to make custom morphs on some clothes when in a pinch. Sometimes not great - but on that Halloween short I posted a while back I used magnets and custom morphs on the cultists cloak.
That's something I'll have to look into. I know Daz could handle clothing dynamics at one time but I've only just started to find my way around creating new characters through morphing, etc. I think this is going to have to go on hold for a while and keep my fingers crossed for the near future. Meanwhile, thank you for your help. It's given me a few ideas to play with. Respect!
I believe DS uses a different system than Poser for Dynamics so there is not direct compatibility. However, I believe DS has long had something akin to it's own Fitting room, so it might be possible to load in the OBJ for a dynamic Poser item and fit it to a Genesis figure? These are questions or issues better answered by someone familiar with DS- perhaps there are tutorials at Daz3D or Rendo? Maybe even Youtube?