• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Earl's WIPs

eclark1894

Visionary
One of my resolutions this year is to try and follow through on some past projects to the end. That includes Harry's stable and Dawn's house. That said, despite them not being finished both the barn and the house are about 80 to 95 percent complete. Texturing and UVs in the stable's case, and mainly textures in the house's case with a few modeling nits to pick.

So I was looking for something to add to the stable for Harry since I did finally buy him last year, and thought I'd try something so simple there's simply no excuse for not finishing it, like a single horse horse trailer. Trouble is, I'm having trouble finding one. Did Peta get them banned or something? All the horse trailer floorplans I can find seem to have been converted into sleeping trailers for humans unless horses have evolved to start using sinks, toilets, microwaves and a queen size bed. Anybody have any idea where I can find a single horse horse trailer for hitching behind say, a Chevy truck? And can we get some cars and trucks into the Hivewire store please? Just a suggestion, cause I haven't gradumucated to modeling cars yet.;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I couldn't find any single horse floats but I did find this double one (I think there's one on Rendo similar to this?).

The above is for a "straight load" double float (the partition in the middle swings to allow for a horse that is spooky to be loaded and then it is moved back to the middle). But research has been shown that horses travel better on an angle, so this is the site I got the above from 2 Horse Angle Load Float for Warmbloods - The Shiraz (this page goes to the "angle load" version but check out the others like the three horse 3 Horse Angle Load Float or the Glamper 2 Horse Angle Load Camper - The Equiluxe Glamper ), some are pretty sweet :D

quietrob

Extraordinary
One of my resolutions this year is to try and follow through on some past projects to the end. That includes Harry's stable and Dawn's house. That said, despite them not being finished both the barn and the house are about 80 to 95 percent complete. Texturing and UVs in the stable's case, and mainly textures in the house's case with a few modeling nits to pick.

So I was looking for something to add to the stable for Harry since I did finally buy him last year, and thought I'd try something so simple there's simply no excuse for not finishing it, like a single horse horse trailer. Trouble is, I'm having trouble finding one. Did Peta get them banned or something? All the horse trailer floorplans I can find seem to have been converted into sleeping trailers for humans unless horses have evolved to start using sinks, toilets, microwaves and a queen size bed. Anybody have any idea where I can find a single horse horse trailer for hitching behind say, a Chevy truck? And can we get some cars and trucks into the Hivewire store please? Just a suggestion, cause I haven't gradumucated to modeling cars yet.;)

Horse Trailer by Simon3d at Rendo

Horse Trailer for DAZ and Poser by DZFire

The last is on sale right this second. It's for both Poser and DS.

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, so Rob apparently doesn't see a need to do another horse trailer for Harry.:sneaky:;)

Actually, I like the truck, but the style is a little dated for my personal taste.

Rae, thanks for taking time to look for a trailer.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You could always do an indoor arena like this one...
9469b55b24bb03f0a120d0a9638c5304.jpg

Just kidding (sorta, that would be awesome!) but a more simple version would be cool.

Or an outdoor one like this...
028e9c72c557549e8b088ef12d27224d.jpg 22387a3f2dd54ba6fc53360e090a7570.jpg
Stands could just be on 2 sides instead of 3 to make it more simple, but if it was made big enough for the jumping, it could also have a pre-set for the dressage arena like in the second image. (minimum size of jumping area is 100mx200m I think from my dodgy memory, the dressage area is down below)

or if you're not feeling that adventurous, a really simple one as a training one to go with your house/stable like this...
d915a8a078a84bf15823f8614d4af53a.jpg 4a522f042e8c296da964984ddfc5fa2f.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm just feeling a little picked on lately. Think I'll just keep to myself for awhile until the feeling goes away.
I hope I didn't make you feel that way! If I did, I sincerely didn't mean to :cry:
(the arena is on my dream wishlist so thought I'd suggest it if you wanted to give something new a try)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm just feeling a little picked on lately. Think I'll just keep to myself for awhile until the feeling goes away.
I completely understand. I start work on something, or talk about a project idea and suddenly someone does something the same or similar 10 times faster than I'll ever be able to do! (Happens to my writing projects, too!) Not that I'm accusing anyone of stealing ideas, it's just that there are so many really talented people here, that I just want to give up and go sit in a corner, too. We can share some cookies and sourdough bread, eclark, if you like? I'm really good at those, and fast, too....*hugs*

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Me too Dakorillon! I just don't work fast enough and hit too many problems due to lack of knowledge...so I'll join the two of you in your corner and bring chocolate to the party! :grouphug:

eclark1894

Visionary
I hope I didn't make you feel that way! If I did, I sincerely didn't mean to :cry:
(the arena is on my dream wishlist so thought I'd suggest it if you wanted to give something new a try)
No, not you at all. It's been the past two months. And real or imagined, it's bumming me out. For an example of recently, I was going to do a tutorial on lighting in Poser in the SM forum. Apparently, someone, I won't call a name, took exception to that, and just decided to post a screen shot of the chapter page on Lighting, telling people to just read the manual. I started a tip thread, where advanced users could give the new people tips on how to make Poser easier to use. Same person decided to shut me down by posting the directions to the Poser Quick start tutorial. Actually, it was a pretty helpful tip, but the way he did it just seems to be like thumbing his nose at me. So, I've just pretty much shut up on line. I make a few posts here and there, but I think I'm going to just fade away for awhile. At least, I'll be concentrating more on left over projects I have in Blender.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm sorry to hear that eclark (though glad it wasn't me!). I don't really go to the other forums (maybe once ever couple of months if there's something I'm really stuck on and it comes up in a google search), but I'm sure people here would appreciate stuff like that.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sorry to hear that Earl...I'm sure if you post those tutorials here that people would appreciate them as Rae said.