• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dusk issue - head rigging

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Hi folks, I seem to remember this issue, but can't find anything on it and can't figure out how to resolve it.

The cape works fine until I invoke any character morph, but works fine on Dusk.

I seem to remember it was something to do with the big eyelashes. Any clues on how to fix it?
HeadRiggingIssue.jpg

Karth

Eager
Contributing Artist
Oh i remember too.
Are you sure that is the Morph and not the pose ?
Is that coming up with the Twist maybe ?
I think that was something with weightmaps.

But can be wrong,no item to test yet

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Here I have Dusk morphs loaded, but no morphs dialed in, and the posing works fine. It only happens when I dial in a morph.

PondFawn.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Check the large eyelashes...iirc it's a problem with them. There was a thread on this in the old forum...can't remember what the solution was though.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Check the large eyelashes...iirc it's a problem with them. There was a thread on this in the old forum...can't remember what the solution was though.

Yeah, that's my problem.........I don't know what to do with the large eyelashes to solve the issue. I think I remember they were the issue, too, but can't recall the solution.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Further testing confirms it is the large eyelashes, but I can't figure out a way to control them, so I guess I'll use the Hood Down morph, export the object with the hood down and do a complete re-rig.
HoodDown.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Check the weight maps and see if there is any weight mapping where it shouldn't be. I'm not familiar with Poser Weight maps but that's where I would start in DS. Also you could try pm'ing Paul as he was the one to solve this previously. I'm trying to remember who was trying to rig a hood previously but I'm drawing a blank...sorry!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Well, thanks to LisaB posting a link to the old forum, I managed to find the discussion about this Fantasy Eyelash crushing in a hood, but I had already determined it was the Long Eyelash morph that was causing it and removed it days ago. That didn't resolve the issue in Poser. Here's the link: Need help with my hood - HiveWire 3D

I did a quick Hooded Sweatshirt for Dusk to see if a tighter fitting hood for Dusk would help, but no good there either - still getting the same thing in Poser. I have created a Fantasy Lash Fix morph in the hooded sweatshirt, but I was really hoping for a more elegant solution. It's all I have for now..........

HoodieMorphFix.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I have managed to resolve the Fantasy Lash issue in most head morphs, but not in Nataani. It's still happening with that morph, and the only difference is Nataani uses the Head Resource Kit. I'm going to search through those morphs for a potential conflict. (Remove the Long Eyelash morph from Clothing in the body and head, or don't transfer that morph to the hood.)

Working well on Rodrigo morph here
WhiteTigerSnow.jpg