• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dusk and DuskSE position shift

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Poser (haven't checked DS yet): Just some info for anyone working with Dusk/DuskSE poses, Dusk poses will transpose DuskSE in space even without any body or hip references in the file. To avoid transposing in space, the cr2 must have internal references to DuskSE and not to Dusk. Took me a while to figure out why my expression poses were shifting DuskSE in space even when pruned down to nothing more than a couple of head morphs!

Edit- it's the same the other way around as well- poses specific to SE will transpose original-Dusk. Poses must be figure-specific if you want to avoid moving in space.

Last edited:

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Of course check that too- but this was definitely the difference in behavior between a file with two lines in the cr2 that said either targetFigure Dusk or targetFigure DuskSE. Just this below, saved as a .cr2, will cause DuskSE to reset to zero XYZ position if previously displaced via the hip (it will not affect BODY position):

{
version
{
number 9
build 32974
}
targetFigure Dusk
refFigure JamesG2
figure
{
}
}
{
version
{
number 9
build 32974
}
targetFigure Dusk
}

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
One thing I didn't mention, although it could be inferred, is that I have both figures set up, in separate folders.

One thing I didn't mention that could NOT be inferred is that I am using Poser11 Pro.

eclark1894

Visionary
I don't like messing around in the cr2 because I usually don't know what I'm doing. Sounds to me like a QA issue that slipped through.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
One of my niggles with Dusk, not sure if this is happening in Poser but it's in DAZ Studio. With the updated body morph for Dusk I get a weird ledge under the pecs when I dial up other pec morphs. I reported this to Paul but can't remember what he said about that. It's not natural though and the new body morph should be corrected so other FBM and pec morphs work correctly with the new updated Dusk!!

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Poser (haven't checked DS yet): Just some info for anyone working with Dusk/DuskSE poses, Dusk poses will transpose DuskSE in space even without any body or hip references in the file. To avoid transposing in space, the cr2 must have internal references to DuskSE and not to Dusk. Took me a while to figure out why my expression poses were shifting DuskSE in space even when pruned down to nothing more than a couple of head morphs!

Edit- it's the same the other way around as well- poses specific to SE will transpose original-Dusk. Poses must be figure-specific if you want to avoid moving in space.

Which Poses are you talking about and which Expressions.
I checked the Poses that come with Dusk and they don't move him in space in either Poser Pro 14 or DS.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Been a while since I posted the original post; I should have posted back again, because it stopped happening. I can't link either the start or the stop to anything I did, which bugs me, because it's nice to be able to point at a WHY (or a WHAT) when something happens, so if it happens to someone else it's possible to suggest a fix. It did happen, then it just stopped. :unsure: