• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dragonfly for Poser?

James R.

Busy Bee
Looking for a detailed dragonfly that's Poser compatible... if such a beastie exists.

Since there are so many artists here who do nature and fantasy artwork, I thought this would be a good place to ask!

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, I can't post a link in the forum to another store, but Content paradise has a dragon fly for $1.99. Fully rigged and textured. Just type "dragonfly" into the search engine.

James R.

Busy Bee
Thanks for the suggestion, Earl. I've seen that one by SM...but the modelling and textures are kind of primitive.

I'd forgotten that Dinoraul made a prehistoric dragonfly, though...it came up in the same search. His stuff is very detailed, so maybe I'll look into that instead.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh yeah his items are old. I have only 3 of them, but I know I've had them for a long time, certainly well over 10 years.

Riccardo

Adventurous
Ohhhh... Nostalgia! The good old Darter Dragonfly was included in Daz Studio 1 default content.
I think it was a subset (3 materials only) of the Noggin's product that is in the store.
It stars in the first DS tutorial I ever followed: the Fairie and Dragonfly one you can find in the manual for DS, version 2 and 3 around page 40.
For some strange reason of retro-compatibility of Daz studio formats (DS1 default content probably did not include the poser version), I can still load the Darter Dragonfly properly in DS2, while DS3 cannot load the materials and DS4 cannot load it at all.
DS1ContentDarterDragonfly.jpg

James R.

Busy Bee
Dinoraul's Meganeura dragonfly is the one I'll go with.

It's detailed, I can scale it down, it has the proportions I'm looking for, and looks like the dragonflies where I live.

Thanks, everyone.

Willowisp

Adventurous
Traveler made a field of dragonflies (called 'Scatters Vol 3 - Dragonflies'), it might be available at Daz3d today. Not sure how detailed they are tho, they are quite old.

Edit: Yea they are free at Daz3d

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I have 3 or 4 of his Scatters sets. Don't remember if I ever used the Dragonflies, so can't say how detailed they are.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Traveler made a field of dragonflies (called 'Scatters Vol 3 - Dragonflies'), it might be available at Daz3d today. Not sure how detailed they are tho, they are quite old.
Edit: Yea they are free at Daz3d
Can you tell me where you see these for free? I can find scatters vol 2 and 4 and a couple others, but not vol 3.
Thx.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Can you tell me where you see these for free? I can find scatters vol 2 and 4 and a couple others, but not vol 3.
The Scatters were all freebies at RDNA too, though I never bought No. 2, so don't remember what that was.

I just did a search at DAZ, and only found links to 1, 3 and 4, so not sure where you found no. 2.