• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Digital Carvers Guild going open source

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Heads up for all you Hivewire3d Carrara users.... :whistling:

Eric Winemiller of Digital Carvers Guild is releasing his Carrara plugins as open source..

see his post at Daz Carrara Board here with link to his site

I have purchased several of his plugins over the years so this will be great for Carrara users to add to their armoury :snoopydances:
Thank you! I'm still looking at Carrara like a wild beast in a cage that I'm supposed to tame...but, I'll get there eventually!

Last edited:

Jay Versluis

Admirable
Yes I've just found out this moment - that's phenomenal news! I've often been looking at those, but never bit the bullet to pick them up. I can't wait to start playing with those plugins... gives me a reason to dip into Carrara again.

At the same time, it sounds to me like Eric is (at least partially) letting go of the project. Maybe I'm seeing things, but for what it's worth, is it another 3D developer saying "good-bye" to this hobby?