• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Digital Art Live Interview with HiveWire 3D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh cool, I'll definitely have to check it out later.

I went to the Webinar yesterday about Poser 12, and this morning I got an email with a link to a copy of their latest magazine, which I downloaded, but haven't had a chance to look at yet. The one you linked to certainly looks interesting. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I read the interview, and it was very nicely done, with wonderful presentations of Laurie's fabulous renders of the Tiger. :)

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Lots of lovely pictures....haven't had a chance to read it yet...just flipped through and looked at the pictures.

Miss B

CV-BEE
It's a nice interview. I enjoyed reading it, even though there wasn't anything surprising, since we saw first-hand how the HW Tiger developed. ;)

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Oh cool, I'll definitely have to check it out later.

I went to the Webinar yesterday about Poser 12, and this morning I got an email with a link to a copy of their latest magazine, which I downloaded, but haven't had a chance to look at yet. The one you linked to certainly looks interesting. :)
I unfortunately missed it. Forget the time while doing last works for our move, but I booked the premium seat, so I could download the record :D
Today evening I will watch it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, glad you'll get to see it. I was thinking of doing that, but wasn't sure if I really wanted the tutorials, and such. I was mostly interested in the Webinar itself.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Ohhh, glad you'll get to see it. I was thinking of doing that, but wasn't sure if I really wanted the tutorials, and such. I was mostly interested in the Webinar itself.
I was actually buying the premium because I really was not sure if I can make it. And would hate to miss it. The tutorials I was not interested too, as a forever Poser user and supporter not much new to learn for me from them. But very great for beginners and people who are not new, but also who would love to go deeper in Poser. Hope many pick it up.

Dan30

Adventurous
I also read with interest the Digital Art Live magazine interview with the creators of the Tiger model. Interesting information...
I also came across something that puzzled me, to say the least, when I ran into this phrase:
1605623544051.png

First off, I do appreciate my work was mentioned as being a favorite but the name is totally wrong!!! Unless some Daniel Hicks misappropriated my work, which would be an illegal and morally wrong thing to do, my name is not Daniel Hicks and I am the rightful creator and owner of the render called "Perils of the sea". And for the sake of accuracy, the human character in the render is not Dawn. It is actually a Genesis 3 male character...with long hair. I am just going to consider this a regrettable mistake, which I hope it is...
Congrats for the interview.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I also read with interest the Digital Art Live magazine interview with the creators of the Tiger model. Interesting information...
I also came across something that puzzled me, to say the least, when I ran into this phrase:
View attachment 65637
First off, I do appreciate my work was mentioned as being a favorite but the name is totally wrong!!! Unless some Daniel Hicks misappropriated my work, which would be an illegal and morally wrong thing to do, my name is not Daniel Hicks and I am the rightful creator and owner of the render called "Perils of the sea". And for the sake of accuracy, the human character in the render is not Dawn. It is actually a Genesis 3 male character...with long hair. I am just going to consider this a regrettable mistake, which I hope it is...
Congrats for the interview.

Oh man. This is totally my fault. So sorry. I do love your image, and it is a favorite of mine.

I actually included your image in the interview with a caveat that we would need to get permission to use it. But it was not included. If that were to happen, we (I) could have had the last chance to get things right.

Again, I do apologize and yes it was a regrettable oversight.

Dan30

Adventurous
Well Chris, all I can say is, although I don't see how making up a name and attach it to someone else's artwork fits the definition of oversight, as regrettable as that might be, I am not one to dwell too deep into petty things, so, all things considered, no offense taken, really... Tomorrow is another day...and I am looking forward to it...

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Well Chris, all I can say is, although I don't see how making up a name and attach it to someone else's artwork fits the definition of oversight, as regrettable as that might be, I am not one to dwell too deep into petty things, so, all things considered, no offense taken, really... Tomorrow is another day...and I am looking forward to it...

I again apologize. I made an wrong assumption, a mistake, a misstep, whatever fits best in this case, I did it.