• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Differences between Dawn DS and Poser Morphs

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hi,

I'm getting Tina Toon ready for Poser. So I needed to make sure I had the proper shape. Well in DAZ Studio I created her body using the two main morph packs for her (Dawn Base and Dawn Starter morphs). Well there are quite a few NEEDED morphs that are missing or I need another pack I forgot about to get these morphs. Like Body Petite, Neck Thin, Lat Size and Forearm Thin! There are more but these 4 were first in the "Currently Used" reference menu in DAZ Studio. NONE of those morphs load for her in Poser! So not sure what's going on.

1) Were these left out for a reason in Poser
2) Is there another morph pack I have that I forgot to install for Dawn

Thank you so much
Richard

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm not sure what's in each package without looking but just checking (because I always forget) are you loading the injection files manually? (I'm so used to DS doing it automatically I forget to use them in Psr)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thank you all. I've redownloaded them and will add those to the Poser Runtime. Sheesh, all these little bits and pieces!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
In the mean time. Tina for Poser is coming along fine. Got the body and head shape in and then wanted Connie's Shimmer Dress set for Dawn on her as it's one of the only dresses made for Dawn that I like allot. PLUS Connie always puts in allot of movement and adjustment morphs!

What I did do today so far was take the obj for the dress into my favorite UV program and created new material zones. Took me a little while to figure out what was what but the end result excites me for making perhaps a set of materials for the dress. SO I'm friends with her over at Fb so posted the below render for her to consider. I asked if she would consider re releasing the set for Dawn 2.0 and maybe even use my updated material zone version so folks can more easily support the outfit. The older material zones were just the clasp and the dress so if you didn't know what you were doing in Photoshop figuring out where this area was or that area you just ended up with a dress all one color. This gives me options! The Bodice / Ties material zone, the hem and the zipper now all their own zones!

ShimmerDress-Redo.jpg